Chapter 13: Catching Up

What a night! It was heaps of fun, more fun than I have had in a while. I had gone home late and fallen asleep on my bed fully clothed. I woke up to my phone ringing. Still half asleep, I grab my phone and answer it, not bothering to look at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey Libby!" James says all perky and happy. "You never told me you moved to L.A!'

"Well, I did." I laugh a little.

"And when were you going to tell me?"

"I've been meaning to." I defend myself. "I just didn't find the right time to."

"I didn't get to talk to you last night, you disappeared." I could hear the disappointment in James' voice.

"Oh, did I?" I try to cover up the fact that I did. After what I saw happen between James and Halston I tried to avoid him as much as I could, even though I didn't want to, I just knew that my jealousy would slip though and show.

"Yes, you did. By the way you guys were epic last night!"

"Thanks." I mentally sigh. Thank you James for changing the topic. "It's feels nice to be apart of a band."

"That was your band?"

"Yeah, we met less than a week ago and threw some stuff together then bam! We had some decent covers of songs and had become friends." James kept on asking questions about, well, everything. I told him how I now worked as a waitress because Sarah had managed to find us jobs that also included something musical or what ever. I told him how Sam, Faith and Grace also worked there and were looking at starting a band. I told him everything but how my feelings for him were very confusing.

"Anyway," James says after I answer his final question. "I was calling to see if Sarah and you wanted to come and visit. It would be nice to talk to you girls in person. I haven't seen you in forever!"

"You saw me last night." I point out.

"You know what I mean." James laughs.

"We'll come over to your place soon. And by soon I mean in about two hours, I just woke up and I'm not even sure if Sarah is awake..." James tells me his address and we end the call shortly afterwards. I get up and go to Sarah's room. She was still asleep, surprise surprise! "Sarah." I say quietly.

"What?" She mumbles, not even opening her eyes.

"We're going out in two hours and, trust me, you don't want to go out looking like you are." Unlike me, Sarah had managed to take a shower and put on pyjamas before going to bed. But her hair was... doing its own thing.

"Fine, I'm getting up. Where are we going anyway?"

"To James' place."

"Sweet." As quick as we can we get ready to go out. While I'm in the shower Sarah make breakfast for us. By the time we had finished everything it had been an hour and a half. I had decided to wear a plain black shirt with my purple jeans and red converse while Sarah was wearing a floral dress with black ballet flats.

"Let's go."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The drive to James place was boring and uneventful. I was just too eager to see him. Before I get out of the car my phone vibrates with a text. It was from Kendall.

 Text Convo:

Kendall: 'Welcome to L.A. my friend! (James told me) Happy New Year to! When should I bring Dustin to meet Sarah? ;)' 

I smile to myself, remembering when I had told Kendall about Sarah's little celebrity crush on Dustin.

Libby: 'Thanks. Happy New Year to you to! Whenever we have free time, she is going to freak! Hehe.' 

"Are you coming?" Sarah say. I quickly lock my phone and get out of the car. Sarah and I go to the front door of James' very large house and ring the bell. When the door open James hugs both of us at the same time.

"It's so good to see you girls."

"James... we... can't..." I try to say as his arms tighten around us.

"Breathe." Sarah finishes and he lets go of us. We all laugh.

"Sorry. It's nice to see you in person." I smile at James. It definitely was good to see him in person, he look amazing, developed some serious muscles and gotten more handsome. I look at my feet. Pull yourself together Libby, James has a girlfriend.

"James?" Speak of the devil, Halston comes up behind him.

"Oh, I believe you haen't met my two best friends from home Halston. This is Libby and Sarah." He introduces us.

"Nice to meet you." Sarah says to Halston and I force a nod and smile to her. Gosh I hope I don't look fake at the moment. We go inside and James shows us around, Halston at his side.

I swear the visit was torture. I mean sure, Halston was nice and all, but I didn't like the fact that she had James and I didn't. Yes, I am very jealous. But he is giving her more attention than me! I'm his bestest friend. We have known each other since pre-k! And she thinks she can come in here and take him from me?! I'll get him somehow... I hope. When it was time for Sarah and I to leave I was happy and sad. Happy because I wouldn't have to see anymore of the happy couple Jalston. Sad because I was leaving James with her. I sound so selfish at the moment, wanting James all for myself. Sarah was going to drive us back home. "Did you notice something?: She asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Notice something about...?" I look at her confused as she glances at me.

"Notice something about James and Halston?"

"Despite the fact that she has him and I don't?"

"Someone is jealous." Sarah smirks.

"I know."

"But that's not what I was meaning. I was meaning how Halston was controlling James, the relationship seems to be completely controlled by her."

"How did I not pick that up?" Sarah laughs at me. The rest of the ride was mostly silent. 

At least now I have a starting point for ending James and Halston's relationship.

I miss my James.

--------------------

A/N: Woo! Long update! Finished my holiday homework (mostly) so I wrote this and it's almost 1am now! I'm really tired!

Hope you all liked this update and as you can see I do not ship Jalston! Nothing against Halston though. :)

~Melody~