Falling For My Fear - 2

Jace’s POV:

When I saw Cain with his arms around her… It caused so much anger to appear. Cain wasn’t my favourite member in the Pack, in fact I found him very annoying and disliked the way he treated things. But the way he spoke to Sam, it just wasn’t right. He wasn’t allowed to speak to her like that. No-one was. She was mine. No one will touch her, no one hurts her. Mine.

When I saw her crouched in the corner, rocking back and forth; having a panic attack, it broke my heart and I had to help. I couldn’t help. Her brother warned me to leave her alone but I ignored him. My eyes just set on. I needed to help her. She let me hold her, this made my heart sore and clench at the way it felt so natural, so right to hold her; have her in my arms. Nathan informed me about the girl, about her troubles and her past; when she went into that state, she didn’t let anyone touch her. Sometimes Evan, her brother could and Mercy has even been able to but never a stranger.  That would change though, I wouldn’t be a stranegr to her. I couldn’t.  I’ll help her with this fear… I’ll be here for her. I had to be. I don’t understand why her told her about Greg (Nate’s dad), taking me under his wing… I told her that when I first found out my wolf, I feared who I was. I hadnt planned to tell her, no-one knew this besides Nathan. But she already had my heart so she would know everything about me.

I don’t know her, but I am already falling in love with her.

Sam’s POV:

“You’re mine.” Jason growls, pure rage in his eyes as he declares this. “No one can touch you. YOU’RE MINE!!”He shouts at me and Jace. “I will kill you, wolf. She is mine. Who do you think you are? Touching what doesn’t belong to you.” He said, his attention soley on Jace. I knew what was coming, as he held a knife made from sliver over Jace’s heart. If that touched his skin, he wouldn’t survive.

“NOOOOOOO!!” I shout, ready to beg for Jace’s life. To promise Jason I’ll do whatever he wants, if he lets Jace go. But I was too late. The knife struck into Jace’s chest, near his heart. I ran over, my legs protesting with cries of pain but I couldn’t. Jace was on the floor, his body limp and motionless. Falling to my knees, I pull him into my lap, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

“Stay awake.”  I beg him, tears falling from my eyes. “You’ll be fine. You can’t die. Do you hear me? “ I shout at him, hoping the volume of my voice will stop it from happening. He can’t leave me.

“Baby, I love you. “He whispers, before his eyes slowly close. I could feel my hands getting wet from his blood but I didn’t care.

“Jace?! Jace…” I say, desperately. He cant be dead. This wasn’t happening. “No, please come back.” I beg, tears dropping onto him as I shake him. It wasn’t working, he wasn’t moving. He wouldn’t wake up.

“Please, I can’t lose you.” I whispered, brushing a heart breaking kiss to his forehead. My tears wouldn’t stop, how could they?  I hear a humourless a laugh, my gaze going to Jason who was watching me with Jace. A sick, twisted grin on his face. “Jason are you happy now? You’ve destroyed me! You took everyone I’ve loved away from me!” I scream at him.

My eyes burst open to see Jace sitting there, a concerned look on his face. I felt sweating, my throat a little raw. “It was a bad dream, you’re safe baby.” Jace said to me, I blink a few times; trying to make the tears disappear from my eyes. “It’s ok, you’re safe.” He said,  whilst pulling me into his embrace, I just sat there in his arms as he promised me that I was safe, it was only a nightmare. It felt so real though, I remember the feeling of his blood pouring over my hands as I try to stop the blood from escaping but it was useless.

 After a while, my sobbing had stopped. I was still shakey, but he somehow managed to move to so I was laying on my back and tucked me in. Bending down, he kissed my forehead. He was statisfied that I had stopped crying and was readying to leave the room but I grabbed his wrist; stopping him from leaving the room. I want him to stay; need him too. I don’t know why but I just did.

“Will you stay? Here with me…Tonight?” I whispered into the silence. I felt silly asking the question but I couldn’t expect him to just know what I want. He looked at me; surprise on his face but it didn’t last long, as a smile spread across his face as leaned down to move a piece of hair out of my eyes. It was small affectionate carress.

“Are you sure, Sammy baby?” He asked me, rubbing a strand of hair between two of his fingers.  My heart jumped at the pet name he used.

“Yes.” I say softly, nodding as well.  He smiled as he straightened up to his full height. I realised that he was shirtless. He was well defined. I couldn’t but stare at his chest, I don’t know how I hadnt realised when he was hugging me but now I definetly noticed. His laughter hit my ears, my gaze moving away from his chest to his gaze before I lowered it to the bed spread; my cheeks turning red from embarrassment. He caught me staring.

“It’s ok to look, Sammy.” He says, clearly pleased that I had been looking at him. I don’t reply, I just wait for him to get into bed with me. He climbed under the covers, I had expected him too. It wasn’t fair to ask him to stay the night with me, but then sleep ontop of the covers. He pulled me to him, his arm was wrapped around my waist, my back to his chest. I should have pulled away but my body instantly relaxed when he touched me.  “Do you have nightmares a lot?” He asked me.

 “Yeah but I don’t normally scream” I admit, quietly. He was silent for a while, the nightmares are usually about the past. Things have already happened between Jason and I, sometimes about him hurting Evan or Mercy.

“What are they about?” He asks me, it was my turn to be silent now. “You don’t have to tell me… I was just curious.” He explained. It was only fair for him to ask considering he had helped me, I wanted to tell him but I couldn’t right now.

“Umm... Jason killing a loved one.” I reply quietly, hoping he wouldn’t help ask any further. I felt him nod as his chin brushed the back of my hair.

“Who was it?” He asked me, the question which I didn’t want to answer.

“Evan.” I reply, lying to him. I couldn’t explain to him why this dream was different, why I screamed. We didn’t speak after this, my eyes slowly closing as sleep took over me.

Jace’s Pov:

She was asleep now, holding her in my arms feels so right. I’ve never felt like this before with anyone. She looked so sweet asleep, so innocent. She was innnocent in certain areas but others, she is far from. Jason took that away from her. But he couldn’t have her, she was mine. She belongs to me as I belong to her.

Sam fears werewolves, I couldnt blame her. Her only experience with one changed her opinion of them. He abused her, hurt her physically and emotionally and used his animal to control her. It was everything we actually werent, we arent animals. We have an animal that influences our personality but it doesnt mean we're beasts. It angers me that this boy, he wasnt a man, uses his animal to do such things especially to Sam. She is such a kind, sweet person who has a difficult power to control. I cannot fault him for wanting her to be his but she isnt his. She is mine. She belongs with me. He had no right to touch her, no right to hurt her.

She fears letting someone in because of him, but what she doesnt realise is that she was already letting me in. She let me hold her after her panic attack, let me touch her, asked me to stay the night with her- she was doing it without knowing. It made my heart soar that she was already doing these things that come natural to people who belong to each other. Sam would let me in fully, maybe without noticing but it will be too late for her to run away from me. I cannot lose her.