Chapter Three: Decide

A/n: *GASP* Somebody left comments and they voted?! Kudos to JelloNutello ^^ <3 Also, look at all the reads this story has so far: 57! That's progress for my first fanfic. It's these things that really ignite the motivation. THANK YOU DEAR READERS!!! Alright I'll shut up now and write more chapters.

Third Person

"I don't think the horse could handle three riders, Jean." "OH COME ON!" "Armin's right, Horse-face. This (stallion/mare) is very scrawny. We would have a chance if it were taller and buffer." You flicked your ears back and shoved Reiner from behind. He nearly stumbled over, but he caught himself. "WHOA! Easy, (girl/boy)." He chided in amusement.

"Where'd you even find this (stallion/mare)?" Jean asked Armin. He nervously laughed a little while he rubbed behind his neck. "(He/she) is the one that found me, actually." "Seriously? This one looks wild." Reiner stated. "I have a theory that that this horse used to be in the Survey Corps. (He/she) is really smart and faster than normal horses, but (he/she) was rather easy to handle. Plus, look at this mark," Armin gestured to your hip.

"Meh, they probably branded it on." Jean remarked as he traced a finger over it. This action caused the horse to stiffen up a little. It was so awkward for the (stallion/mare) because Jean was touching dangerously too close to their rear end.

When Jean realized that the mark was part of the (h/c) coat and not branded skin like he had assumed, he scoffed. "Or not, someone probably dyed the fur." Then he gave the mark a smack. The horse nickered, rearing a little onto (his/her) hind legs before whipping their (h/c) tail so that it slapped Jean right in the face, making his head turn a complete 90 degree angle to the side.

KA-FWAP!

Reiner bursted out in laughter (he covered his mouth to muffle his voice since they were deep in titan territory), Armin was too concerned about the horse and Jean (mostly the horse) to laugh, you lifted your head really high in a smug-like manner, and Jean scowled at everybody.

-----Time skip brought to you by Silentó (Watch me whip, watch me nae nae)-------

Your P.O.V.

After I smacked Jean back (that jerk deserved it), the boys started to recall their encounter with THE abnormal titan. A.k.a the Female titan. I zoned out of their conversation since I already saw this part of the anime.

I pretty much know everything about this series (until they release the next one, and I find a way to return home as my human self). I already knew what the outcome of this expedition was going to be. I knew the identity of many of the enemies, and other events that will happen in the future. But worst of all, I knew who was going to die really soon.

This is very common in most of the fanfics that I've read; in which the reader somehow winds up in the Attack on Titan universe and effects the plot somehow. Sometimes they save characters that originally die, or if not that, they try and fail to do so. Another thing that happens is that everyone falls in love with the reader. But I'm a freaking horse, so I don't see that happening.

I don't even care to wonder how I ended up here anymore. The important question now is what. What am I supposed to do, and what am I going to do? Should I attempt to save who I could, knowing that they will die if I don't?

Suppose I do save them, or at least try to. Then what? I fear that the plot would change so that it becomes very hard to predict the outcomes.

Whereas I just let everything happen as Hajime Isayama had created it to do. Then I would be like a prophet for a short while until the end of the second season. I don't know what happens afterwards.

I want to help, but at the same time, I don't want to wreck the story line. However, I can't stand aside and do nothing either. I have to make a choice with no regrets. Speaking of which, what Captain Levi told Eren (or will tell Eren soon) kinda fits in this situation.

"... you have to do your best to make a decision that you won't regret."

Well then, it's settled. I'll try to save the characters that would die soon. As I was thinking that, somebody behind me fired another emergency signal (again, I only know this because it's a scene I'm familiar with. I'm still not fluent in the language of flare signals). Jean had given Armin a flare gun. Now "Krista Lenz" should be arriving soon.

And there she is! One of my favorite parts is coming up and I'm gonna see it in person! Or horse? Whatever.

Third Person

'An angel!' Armin. 'A goddess!' Jean. 'Someday my wife.' Reiner. 'An innocent soul that's oblivious to all the love-sick hormones.' (Y/n).

The (h/c) (stallion/mare) snorted in an amused manner at the boy's awestruck expressions. In actuality, the horse was unable to hear their thoughts unlike how it was like when watching the show. But that didn't matter- the dialogue played in (his/her) head from memory regardless.

"I am so glad you're OK. And you guys even found another horse!" "Uh, yeah!" Reiner and Jean agreed. "That's my horse!" Piped Armin, very uncharacteristically. Then he reverberated. "I-I mean, thehorsefoundmeandIrodeon(him/her)beforeIfoundtheothersandthenyoucamesoum.... Yeah." Everyone stared at him in awkward silence.

Interesting. Your presence was merely acknowledged, but already that changed some events from the original story plot. If only slightly, but that meant you had to be very careful in the future when you try to save predestined-to-die characters.

"Well that's good to hear." Krista spoke. "Now we each have our own horses to ride! It's safer that way in my opinion."

Armin sighed. It was true that the chances of having multiple riders on one steed was rather risky, but it was very uncomfortable to ride the horse barebacked. At least, in his opinion, it was. He had been trained from the beginning to ride with a saddle. His bottom was already a little sore, and his abrupt outburst only ensured more travel without the luxury of a saddle.

Jean and Reiner seemed to notice his discomfort as they rode towards the Forest of Giant Trees and they threw pitiful glances his way when Krista wasn't looking. Once there, Armin had never been more happier to dismount from a horse in his life.

Once they were situated in a tree, they glanced down at the titans below. Their horses were merely a few yards away from the flesh-eating beasts. That was when Armin noticed that his horse started to gallop away.

"HEY, WAIT!" He cried as he reached out, as if he could grab the retreating (h/c) figure. But the horse was already gone. Now riding barebacked seemed more desirable than riding with another person on the same horse. According to the other scouts in the tree, they were to stay there until further notice. That would most likely be when the Commander calls a retreat back to the Walls. Much more to his dismay, there were no more spare horses. Poor Armin.   

"What's wrong?" Reiner asked. "My horse is gone..." Armin whimpered. "Tch, once wild, always wild. You'll be fine." Jean remarked. "I sure hope so..."