Chapter 1

Tsunade sighed as she regarded the baby boy in her arms. Not a tired sigh, or a bored sigh, but a happy sigh. She never thought she'd end up raising a kid, but here she was, breast feeding a boy that wasn't hers... in the traditional sense anyway.

She thought back to the council meeting and knew, if she hadn't taken Naruto...he'd have been treated like a monster.

Tsunade wiped a bit of blonde hair from her eyes and stood as she heard a knock. After laying Naruto down on her bed, she opened the door and allowed her assistant, Shizune, to come into the hotel room, followed by a grim looking Jiraiya. Jiraiya of the fabled Sannin, stood at least five inches taller than her with much more body mass. He had long unkept white hair, black eyes, and red tattoos on his cheeks.

He walked over to the bed, fresh tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Tsunade-hime.... I the th-thought I could see him...but... he reminds me of Minato... I cant...I need time." He put a hand over his mouth, trying to fight the sadness from losing his student only a month prior. He honestly had thought of Minato like a son, and it killed him inside, knowing he hadn't been there for the blonde hero.

"Take a look at his seal at least, that's why I had Shizune-chan find you afterall." Tsunade crossed her arms as Jiraiya composed himself.

The white haired Sannin leaned over Naruto, eyeing the seal. Then his eyes widened. "It's wrong....in a good way, if that makes any sense. A normal seal would completely restrict the kyuubi, cutting off its chance of escape significantly... this one is trickling red chakra into his system at a slow rate, and it appears his seal is actually melding the red chakra and blue chakra and keeping the hybrid chakra where the kyuubi should be sealed... this is incredible! The boy has three types of chakra. Human, though it's far more dense and vast than normal. The Fox's chakra, more potent and nearly unlimited but it has the malicious feel to it, meaning it could affect his mind. Finally this hybrid chakra... I can't tell much about it other than its not quite human or bijuu."

"Will it hurt him? Or affect him in any way?" Tsunade asked, worried for the boy.

Jiraiya shook his head. "Doubt it, the Fox's chakra would heal him anyway. Hold on... I want to study the hybrid chakra." He drew a set of symbols on his fingertips and placed his hand over Naruto's seal. Slowly a single drop of golden chakra floated out. "Incredible... I'll have more information once I see you again." He pulled a scroll and sealed the bit of golden chakra into it. Then he turned and left, leaving his teammate and her assistant with the newborn.

Shizune immediately began playing with the baby, getting several giggles from the baby.

___________________________________

"Happy birthday, Naruto-kun!" Shizune held a cake in her hands with a number '5' candle, signifying how old he was.

"Thanks big sister, Shi-chan!" Naruto had grown much in five years, just as any child would. Though Naruto is quite different.

A combination of his chakras, and breast feeding from Tsunade  when he was young, gave him an unnatural level of physical strength. So he had to watch what he did more than normal children.

Tsunade smiled tenderly at the boy and kissed his forehead when she got close. "Ready for your presents?"

"Yeah, Kaa-san!" He beamed at her.

Tsunade pulled out a box from behind her, wrapped in ornate wrapping paper.

Naruto took it gingerly and unwrapped it, finding a necklace with a green stone, and underneath it, a book titled 'The Gutsy Ninja'. "Thank you, Kaa-san!" He hugged her tight.

"You're welcome, Naruto-kun, but that is the only one of Jiraiya's bookso you're allowed to read!" She knew of his 'Icha Icha series' and while she was secretly flattered that two of the books were based on her, she'd clobber him if he mentioned them in front of her or her son.