2: Same Old Feeling

After everything was settled down and the power to run the company was officially signed off to Se-- I mean Mr. Esguerra, I was called to stay inside the new CEO's office to help him with his set of schedules and I couldn't help but squirm in my position on the seat opposite of him because I was well aware of his gaze burning through me.

"And this coming Tuesday, you have to attend the meeting of the marketing team because they are going to present their new project and you are going to have to decide of the approval or any revisions", I raised my eyes from the notebook I was reading only to meet his serious face staring back at me, "Sir", I finished talking wishing to hide the fact that I emphasized the term of respect for him since he was my new boss.

"Do you have any question, Sir?", I made sure to keep my face and tone business-like.

"Yes, actually", swallowing slowly, I placed my notebook on my lap and fought the stirring inside of me, seeing him all dazzling on his suit.

"Can you move your office in here?", I gasped at his question, oh wait, I thought I heard him commanding an order to me.

"I am sorry, Sir, but I don't think I understand what you're saying"

"Didn't you hear what I just said? I thought you are best in following orders from the boss as to what Mr. Montero had been boasting about, or he is mistaken?", the challenge swarming on his tone and cold eyes were enough for me to grind my teeth together that I had to press my lips tightly to stop myself from shouting out inappropriate words that would surely cost me to lose the job I had loved so much.

"No, sir. I heard you loud and clear in fact but I don't think--"

"It's really cute that you think you have a say in this, Ms. Alice", the way he said my name made another trembling quake on my nerves that I had to control myself and my breathing. I wanted to slap him on his face and tell him that he no longer hold the power to manipulate me or control me but in reality, at this aspect, he had it once again. And it was too unfair.

"All I was saying is that I had been working next door to your office and all of the files I needed to work effectively as a secretary are there so I think on my years of experience being in this position, it's best that I stay--"

"I need you to be here all the time", I silently gasped and I could feel myself melting hearing he needs me.

Damn my heart! Stop!

"I-I"

"Please don't get me wrong. I do respect your position and don't worry this is for business only. I just need my secretary all the time until I adjusted all the terms left to me by Mr. Montero"

Crack...

"I can't go wasting my time going to and from your office all the damn time when we can work fast if you just stay here"

Crack...

"There's an intercom, Sir. You can always call me through tha--"

"And that's just another waste of time and energy, don't you think?"

He didn't want you the way you thought he did. He never did and it shouldn't be an issue anymore. It's been years, Alice!

I kept silent feeling another crack inside me, I was breaking again and I had to get out of here.

We stayed looking at each other and I couldn't read him. His hard exterior never did give away anything.

We stayed silent until I gave up and looked away deciding to just nod and murmured, "Very well, sir"

I stood balancing myself even my knees were somewhat numb and heavy, my throat was hurting from the lump I couldn't swallow or I might croak a cry.

He followed my every move with his eyes.

"I will clean my office now. Where can I put my table, sir?", I eyed his office. When he did not answer me, I had no other choice but to look back at him to make sure he heard me. I knew he did.

"No worries, I'll ask someone to move your things in here today"

"Thank you, sir", my energy was drained to the last drop.

I badly needed to get out of here even if just for a few minutes to compose myself. If agreeing to his every whim would grant me some time away from him then so be it.

"I'll go now, Sir. Thank you"

With calculated steps, my heels echoed on the room and when I reached the door, I let a heavy sigh out of me but even before I could get a hold of the handle, I saw a set of arms on the either side of my head, heat from his body on my back, his breath just behind my ear, hands planted on the door.

I couldn't move.

What the hell he was doing?!

My eyes burned with threatening tears.

The rustling of his cloth hinted how he leaned closer into me that I could practically kiss the glass in front of me.

"Alice...", he whispered, his voice was low, soft and nearly breaking.

No...

I was just being delusional again.

His head touched the back of mine and I closed my eyes firmly at his proximity. My body was heating up with a sensation I should have long forgotten.

"Alice...", he said it again, lower this time but the impact was greater.

"Stop", I managed to voice out.

I couldn't let myself feel the same way again as before.

I saw how his hands fisted against the glass. They were shaking.

"Please...", his mouth touched my ear as he speaks and shivers run all over me.

I shook my head.

With my head down, I faced him and pushed him with all I've got and thankfully, he moved away. I knew how impossible to try and push his body of rock away without his willingness to move but he did.

Without any second thought or even a glance of him because I was too afraid of what I could see in his eyes this time. I was too afraid of what could happen if I did, I opened the door forcefully and half running get myself out of there but not before I heard him saying...

"I missed you"

****************************************************

Aha aha.....

Read

Vote

Comment...