Chapter 10.

-Farah's POV-

It has been a while since Ethan left the class. By judging the look on his face, I can know that there is something wrong going on and he has been overthinking it. I still cannot put a finger on it, but my curious mind tells me that it has something to do with Lucas.

"Okay students, make sure to hand in your assignments on time. Your dead line is by the end of this week, otherwise I won't be accepting anything." The teacher said before leaving. His subtle British accent amazed all of us, especially me. I've always had a thing for British accents, and that is why I loved attending this class a little bit too much.

Since I have a gap session now, I am supposed to meet up with Ethan, but I have no absolute idea of where he might be right now. Maybe giving him a ring is a good idea.

*ring*

*ring*

"Hey babe." I heard him say.

"Where are you?" was my first response.

"Why the nerves? I am heading to the cafeteria now."

"I'll be waiting.." I said quickly before I hung up.

I reached at the cafeteria doors as soon as I hung up and sat at our regular table.

I scrolled through my phone a bit until I heard the familiar footsteps and a throat being cleared.

Before he had any chance to show any fake affection, I demanded him to sit down and explain.

"Explain what?" He pretended to be confused.

"Don't play dumb. You and Lucas have been acting weird the last couple of days and I am not stupid to not figure out that there is something wrong going on. What are you not telling me?" I tried to keep my tone as low as possible so that nobody sitting around hears the debate.

"I have an explanation.." Ethan said and paused for a minute.

"Which is?" I replied, breaking the silence.

*********

-Aya's POV-

I still haven't talked to Lucas at all about what Nadine told us back when we were in the restrooms. He hasn't called either. I don't know if I am doing the right thing by ignoring him, but what other choice do I have anyways? If he was the once who disappeared all at once, he should be the one due an explanantion why. What am I supposed to tell him?

My classes were done for today, unlike Farah who still has a class with Ethan. Our different schedules resulted from the difference of subjects we selected to study this term. Although Farah and I think almost the same about everything, it has never been the case when it came to our education.

I headed back to our room and layed out a new pair of comfy PJs to change into. I got ready to take a quick hot, steamy shower to relax then jumped into my Hello Kitty pyjamas. When I was done, I blowdried my hair until it was fully dry then rolled it into a messy bun. The last thing I did is shut the curtains and turn off the main lighting before I laid in bed and my eyes shut into deep sleep.

-2 hours later-

I woke up to the sound of Farah's keys being placed on the side table. It was followed by a loud thump which I figured was a result of her throwing herself on the bed.

"Hey." I said with a bare whisper while fluttering my eyes open.

"Were you sleeping all the time since I left you?" She looked different. Maybe it was just exhaustion, I know she wouldn't hide anything from me.