Chapter 7.

-Farah's POV-

I woke up to a shooting pain in my ankle. It was the first time ever I get a broken bone, so putting up with all the consequences was quite hard to adjust to. Luckily, yesterday the doctor removed a part of the cast that covered until my knees and said that I would have to put it for about three weeks, just one week before Aya and I will be off to Chicago. I was actually relieved. I mean who would like to show up in a wedding with a foot covered in a hideous cast?

It has been one week since Ethan asked me out. The whole situation still put me in shock. Everything happened quickly that I didn't even have time to let the fact that I started dating a player, or so I heard, sink in. Players were never my type, but I can tell that Ethan will keep me safe. Hopefully he loves me as much as I do.

I got up from the bed and reached for my crutches. These sticks are my best friends now. Nothing can put us apart. I have no choice anyways. Aya and I had spent the whole evening yesterday studying for the upcoming exams before the vacation. We are really taking the issue seriously because if we don't achieve a good GPA this term, our parents are going to move us to a local college in Chicago instead of being in LA, which is something we clearly disapprove of, but is a piece of cake for both our families due to the enormous amounts of money they gain from their businesses. My and Aya's parents get along really well, so almost all the decisions that are done for me, are done for her. Vice versa.

Today, Lucas and Ethan are taking us to the fair downtown. They were trying to postpone it until my leg feels better but I couldn't care less, I only want to have fun. I didn't need to shower again because I took one just before I slept, so my body was still fresh.

I glanced at Aya's bed to check on her. She wasn't there but her bed was made and surprisingly, she left me a note and even set an outfit. The note said:

"Good afternoon. Be ready by 1." Weird. Where would she have gone?

I looked over the outfit she put for me. It was a white shirt with the word 'hello' written on it in neon green, my neon green shorts, and white beach sandals. I was glad I could wear shorts again. The old cast had me wearing sweatpants every single time of the day. It felt like I was losing my fashion sense.

It was already twelve thirty so I quickly slipped into the outfit and did my hair into a messy side braid. I didn't bother to put any makeup more than eyeliner and lipgloss, then applied perfume and packed my white purse with some money and my phone. The melodies of my iPhone's ringtone blasted through the room, which meant that Aya was waiting for me with the guys downstairs. I picked up my crutches and slowly descended down the stairs.

I found my best friend waiting at the door of the building, probably wanting to help me walk due to my condition. She looked quite dashing. She wore a black tank top with a big golden heart drawn in the middle, some beige shorts and black army boots. Her short hair was curled and her makeup was perfectly done.

"I see you wore the outfit I put." Aya clapped.

"Yup. What is the reason you are looking overly good looking today?" I raised a brow.

"Hey! Isn't a girl allowed to pay more attention to herself every once in a while?" She pouted.

"No, but it's not everyday that you wake up earlier than I do and leave without telling me." I crossed my arms.

"I left you a note? Plus, I am considering this as our first double date. It has to be serious you know." She stated seriously. I giggled.

"What?" She looked at me, annoyed.

"Nothing, it's just that you look funny when you talk serious." I laughed.

"Whatever. Let's go." She rolled her eyes and helped me walk all the way to the car.