Cocorocoloco

Yuri pulls his blond hair back into a ponytail, preparing for an evening jog.
(By jog I mean intense ass ongoing sprint. ) Lately the weathers been pretty unwelcoming to avid runners, it being rainy season and all.
Although it had been pouring fairly heavily this morning, it had finally stopped earlier this evening after 3 days of continuous rain.

Yuri being as energetic and fit as he is, was certainly not going to pass up the opportunity to finally get some real cardio in.
"It's been pouring out forever there is no way I'm not going for a run now, what if it starts up again tomorrow?" Yuri insisted as Otabek made his best attempts to keep the younger man home.

"I dont want you going out alone at night Yura.. it's not safe." Otabek argued.

"Dont pull that, I'm not a kid.
I haven't gone on a real run in forever."(Otabek tried to pull the nickname card)

. " at least-"

Yuri cuts him off mid sentence. " no.
You can't come, you're too slow.
Jogging with you at the trail isn't enough for me."

Otabek frowns.
Yuri wasn't wrong he has always been a fairly slow runner, cardio and flexibility were never his strong points.
"Fine, I can't really stop you...
..Make sure you have your cell phone on you okay?
I'll leave the door unlocked too so.. don't be too long."

"What are you, my mom?" Yuri scowls sarcastically as he opens the door to leave.

Otabek watches with lonely eyes as Yuri leaves, "be safe.." he murmurs, but the door was already closed.
He had a bad feeling every time Yuri left the house without him.
Especially at night.

As the Russian made his way out of the lobby,
Yuri popped in his ear phones and clicked his music playlist on, the door opening and shutting behind him.
By the time he was on the road The blond didn't take long to get a steady pace going.

Music beating loudly in his ear drums, The smell of mildew and gasoline was in the air, the street lights flickering on and off, with almost no sign of life.
It looked like a ghost town, it was never this quiet.
Although.. The road Yuri was running on had been blocked off due to construction, so that's probably the reason there was no cars.

aside from the odd group of teenagers defacing public property, there wasn't much else to bother him.
It was nice to have no iterations for once, Yuri really cherished his alone time, of course he loves spending time with Otabek, but everyone needs time to themselves.

______________________________
                 Back at the apartment..
_____________________________

Otabek wasn't going to let Yuri's lack of presence get to his head.
After a good mental fight with himself  he decided to just take this as an opportunity to have time to himself.

So Otabek made a warm mug of chai with kumis for himself.
he sat down to finish his novel that only had a few chapters left to it.
(Could this be a hint? To.. the end of this fic? *le gasp* find out next time on dragon ball z.)
Although when Otabek placed his cup at the side of the table he realized his reading glasses weren't in their usual spot.

(Kumis is a very popular 'creamer' of sorts in Kazakhstan 🇰🇿, it's basically fermented mare's milk.. ew..Yuri dont kiss this man on the mouth..)

Otabek calmly searched the apartment, but his spectacles didn't appear to be around.
He double checked all the most likely places it would be, but to no success.
Finally he gives up and decides to occupy his time with another activity.

After putting his book away he looks over at his now cold mug of chai, he picks it up off the table to carry it to the kitchen only for his hand to give out on him.
His wrist wobbled in a strange manner and his Palm tilted, a fair pool of tea splashing on his torso, staining his Cyan top.

He sighed, placed the cup in the sink, rinsed it off, and went to the bathroom in order to remove the stain.
His eye brows furrowed when he caught a glimpse in the mirror.
there, on his head was non other than his missing spectacles.

Otabek let out an inconvenienced sigh, placed his glasses in his back pocket and removed his stained shirt.
He began to scrub the stain out as best he could, threw on a fresh top, then brought the article down to the complex's laundry room located in the basement.

Otabek made his way back upstairs, still fairly annoyed at the series of events.
As he sat back on the couch tiredly he felt a snap,
And he heard a cringe worthy crunching noise.
He put his palm to his forehead realizing exactly what he'd just done.
The man sat up knowing exactly what he'd be faced with, sure enough, sitting there in a mangled mess of glass and metal was his unfortunate spectacles.
Today was not his day.

Authors note,
You guys like the title?
Heh it's just a jumble of letters. (Kinda reminds me of coca and coconut,
Makes me happy.)

So y'all may have noticed that bubbles was terminated permanently.
Dont ask questions.. It just made me cringe so hard I'm sorry.

Anyways 1 week left till exams
*insert monotoned yay*
isn't that exciting and depressing.
It's been a while since I updated! I hope y'all enjoyed.

Hugs and kisses,

-coffee&desperation