She wasn't sure if the thanks was for keeping her away form the supernatural floor or if it was for believing she was genuinely good, but Elora hugged her tightly away.

x x

As night started to filter over Beacon Hills, the day staff of Eichen House were leaving the building with desperate intentions to forget the things they had witnessed.

Elora had sent Charlie off after returning from her rescue of Malia, having grown irritated with his presence. She had, however, missed the text strain with Aiden.

"Tough day at work, sis?"

El hesitated as she headed towards the camaro in the staff lot, her eyes nearly rolling into the back of her head as she found Charlie leaning on the trunk.

Charlie genuinely laughed at his sister's expression, standing up. "Good to see you, too."

"What are you doing here, Charlie? I told you to go."

"I did go," he replied with a mild shrug. "And now I'm back."

"And why, pray tell, is that?" El asked flatly as she unlocked the camaro, pulling open the driver's door.

"Because," said Charlie, "we've got a party to get ready for."

Elora's eyebrows raised, one foot in the car when she stopped, "What party?"

Charlie only grinned, "It's Halloween, little one, there's always a party. Our favorite night of the year, El, we can't not party."

Scoffing lightly, Elora climbing into the camaro and shut the door.

Charlie suddenly appeared in the passenger's seat, the door never having opened, "Come on, El. It's a party. Partying is essential for your teens and twenties. Since you didn't get to party much as a teen-"

El turned her head to Charlie, her facial expression flat enough to scare someone. "I hope you haven't forgotten that was your fault, no less."

"Consider this me making up for it," Charlie offered. "Trust me, you'll love it. Your little furball can come, too."

"Would you mind actually calling him by his name, Charlie?" El requested as she backed the camaro out of her parking space.

"Alright, fine, so Isaac, the one who doesn't know we knew his older brother," replied Charlie. "And, uh," he idly itched his jaw, "why is that?"

"Talking about people's dead siblings isn't actually a great conversation starter." Elora drove through green lights, false lights that she herself had forced. "It was a long time ago."

"Or that if you brought up the fact we knew Camden would have to involve you mentioning me?" he countered as he leaned back in the passenger's seat.

Elora didn't look over him as she drove, "That might've crossed my mind."

"Or the fire at the school?"

"There's that too," Elora said with a sigh. "I would appreciate it if you would leave that subject alone. Isaac remembers his brother in a good, loving way and he deserves to keep it that way."

Charlie held up his hands as the camaro pulled into the driveway of el's house, "Fine, fine. I'll leave your pretty boy alone. Don't let me ruin his family."

"Given that he doesn't have any, I'd definitely say you should leave that alone," Elora sharply said as she stopped the car and shut off the engine.