Bedtime

'Daddy I wuv youu,' Phil lisped around his dummy.

He was sat on Dan's lap watching cartoons before he had to go to bed.

"I love you too, sweetie" said Dan giving Phil a kiss on the back of his head.

Far too soon the cartoons had finished and Dan stood up reaching for Phil's hand.

Phil whimpered sadly, making grabby hands towards his daddy. "Cawwy pwease?"

"Okay pup," said dan picking up Phil who wrapped his legs tightly around dan and clung onto him like a koala.

Phil was all ready for bed so Dan carried him straight into his nursery, switching on his nightlight before trying to untangle Phil from him.

"No daddy," Phil said, starting to tear up a little, "wanna stay with you. Pwease?"

Dan sighed, normally he didn't let Phil sleep in his bed with him however Phil had had a nightmare the previous night and had been upset and clingy throughout the day.

"Okay, only for tonight though," Dan decided, rubbing circles into Phil's back soothingly.

He quickly reached over the crib and grabbed Phil's favourite cuddly toy, a lion, handing it to Phil who cuddled it closely to him.

Dan smiled at his adorable little boy, before carrying him into his bedroom and placing him on his bed.

It was only 8:30 and Dan hadn't planned to go to bed for a couple of hours, however he knew Phil really needed some love so he climbed into bed beside Phil, pulling the covers over the both of them.

He put his arm around his 'baby', cuddling him closely to him. Phil smiled contentedly, leaning into Dan's touch.

He was snuggled up with his toy lion, and his daddy, and he had his dummy happily bobbing up and down in his mouth. What more could little Phil want. <3

I'm sorry this is so short, I haven't had any motivation to write recently. Please like and comment any ideas you have as hopefully that'll motivate me !!