Play park

"Daddddyyyyyy" wailed Phil tiredly as he stood in his crib, tears pouring down his face as he tried to climb over the bars.

Dan rushed in, picking up Phil and lifting him gently out the crib. "Ssh baby don't cry, daddy's got you"

He placed Phil down on the changing mat, quickly disposing of the old nappy, wiping Phil clean and putting on a fresh nappy as Phil continued to cry desperately.

"It's okay sweetheart," said Dan soothingly as he picked up Phil cradling him as he carried him into the kitchen. Phil's cries turned into small whimpers as he was fastened into his bright blue high chair.

"You want some nana," Dan cooed at his baby, placing a chopped banana on Phil's tray.

"Nana! Nana!" Phil giggles happily as he began to stuff bits of banana into his mouth. 

Dan laughed, watching Phil as he preceded to get his hands and face covered in banana.

"Daddeeeee, you want nana?" Phil asked happily holding out his hands which were covered in mushed banana.

"No thanks, baby" laughed Dan as he fetched a cloth, carefully wiping Phil's face and hands.

He lifted Phil out of his high chair placing him on the floor. Phil waddled down the hall as Dan followed him. After helping little Phil clean his teeth they went into Phil's bedroom.

"What do you want to do today, honey," Dan asked kneeling down to Phil's level.

Phil paused, sucking his thumb as he thought of different possibilities.
Suddenly he threw his hands up in the air smiling happily.

"We can go to the park!"

Dan groaned. This was a regular occurrence now. On the way home from the shops one day he had spotted a deserted play park. Phil has had a wonderful time squealing as he went down the slide and Dan pushed him on the baby swings.

Since then Phil had always requested to go to the park. However after the first experience at the park things hadn't gone so well. Every time they had gone there was other children who laughed cruelly at Phil not understanding age play.

Phil would always end up in tears and Dan would vow that they were never going to the park again.

However looking at Phil's adorable face, Dan regretfully gave in.

"Okay, cutie" Dan said and Phil squealed in excitement jumping into dan's arms giving him a big bear hug.

"Change meee, change meee pwease," shouted Phil excitedly as he bounced up and down.

Dan grabbed a pair of jeans and a black top hoping that if Phil wore an adult outfit people would take less notice of them.

Unfortunately Phil was not having any of it. "DUNGIES DUNGIES," Phil yelled pointing to his brand new dungarees. Dan sighed but pulled them off the hanger.

Turning around he saw Phil already naked apart from his nappy, dancing and throwing teddies in the air.

Dan struggled to dress the wiggling Phil, who was extremely hyper. Dan attempted to do up his dungarees but was stopped by Phil blowing a raspberry in his face.

"Stop Phillip," said Dan sternly glaring at the infant.

Phil immediately sobered, standing still, nervously looking at the floor. He didn't like it when his daddy was angry with him.

"There you go baby," said Dan kindly giving Phil a big kiss on the nose.

Phil smiled happily, glad he has been easily forgiven. He grabbed his daddy's hand and pulled him out the door.