Dark blood poured from puncture wounds from his shoulder, the skin around it turning black from the poison.His heart clenched inside his chest once he caught sight of the wretched mess around his shoulder. He could feel his stomach roll at the dark flesh that had been torn, black blood spreading further into his arm as his heart continued to beat.

"Oh gods," he said, nearing the unconscious Dimitri, hands trembling as he touched his lover's cheeks. He could feel himself crack from within. He was way past the resolve that he usually kept together, now reduced to a bumbling mess in front of the people he respected most.

"Morgan," he began but was quickly silenced when the witch pulled out a small silver vial from his sack.

"A gift from the Diamond Queen," the witch hummed, tilting Dimitri's head back and pouring the heavy liquid into Dimitri's mouth. He could only watched as a strange white glow enveloped his lover's still form, spreading towards the black skin and healing the wounds. Little time passed and all that remained of the disaster was a faint scar that marred his shoulder. 

Dimitri's eyes fluttered open, his eyes staring at the surface before shifting to look at those around him. His sharp blue eyes landed on Zeref, his fingers weakly reaching out towards him.

"Zeref," the once human whispered when Zeref laced his fingers with his.

"Oh Dimitri," he murmured softly, "You had me so frightened."

Dimitri's lips tilted upwards in a tired smile, "Sorry about that," he croaked, "But hey I'm alive."

Zeref smiled, wiping away the tears that never seemed to stop, "Yes you are." Dimitri reached out to touch Dimitri's cheek, his thumb wiping away the stray tear that Zeref had missed.

"Marry me," Dimitri said.

Present Day

The doors flew open, revealing Dimitri floating before the empty throne. The merman wore a different attire than Zeref's. A simple blue cloak covered his shoulders, clasped together on his collar bone by a single gemstone. An attire that was meant to show off the blue tattoos that covered his skin, except for his face. Dimitri seemed rigid, almost like stone. It would've made Zeref think the man was being forced into the ceremony if it weren't for the soft glistening of his blue orbs. 

Beside him was Morgan, the witch that so many kingdoms had come to respect, the one that would make the marriage between himself and Dimitri official. Adorned with the many gifts the royals had given him, black armbands hugged his lean biceps, a single emerald gem resting between his dark green brows, diamond rings swirling around his middle fingers. From far away he could see the amber necklace that rested on his neck and the sapphire earrings that glinted on the rims of his ears. 

Zeref could feel his heart accelerate inside his chest as he neared the altar but when his eyes meet Dimitri's, his heart calmed.

Their hands met, intertwining together when Morgan recited the ancient words. Words that would reveal the answer to anyone's doubts. He watched as Dimtitri's tattoos glowed, the designs shifting around his skin and spreading over Zeref's fingers, travelling up his arms before stopping at his shoulders.

"Zeref," he heard Dimitri whisper. Zeref glanced upwards, staring into the eyes of his beloved.

"I love you," Dimtiri whispered, warmth blooming inside his chest.

He could feel himself smile, "I love you too."

For the first time in his life, he felt truly complete.

*********

Morgan clutched the ancient book in his arms as he glanced around the ballroom, taking in the smiling faces of the mers that attended the ceremony. 

Everyone was laughing and eating the banquet that servants had placed out, accompanied by a few musicians that added to the soothing atmosphere. But for some reason he found it rather difficult to calm his fluttering heart as he searched for Atlantis through the large crowd.

Yet, he couldn't find the red haired lord through the massive wave of glittering blue mers.

"Looking for someone?" a familiar voice spoke. Morgan blinked, his eyes falling on a male mer he had the pleasure of know not too long ago.

"Jonas," he said with a grin, his fingers touching the gift that rested on his collar bone, "You were invited after all."

Jonas smiled but the gesture didn't quite reach his green orbs, "Yes, but unfortunately it wasn't for the reason I was hoping for."

Morgan nodded his head, "It seems the Sapphire God doesn't want Dimitri's past to be known to him."

Jonas gave a soft sigh, "I believe it's best. There were things we did," the king paused his eyes turning dark.

Morgan placed a hand on Jonas's arm, "Don't worry. I'm sure if you and Dimitri begin to speak to each other once more, you two would get along just fine as before."

Jonas smiled, "Yeah. I would think so."

"Jonas!" Ava called from the crowd, her golden features bright with happiness.

Morgan nudged Jonas, "Go on. Have fun." 

The king complied without much struggle, leaving the witch behind and alone. He watched the Amber Royals dance, accompanying the Sapphire newlyweds in the dance that had just begun. He had wished the Emerald, Diamond and Onyx would come to the wedding but the children still so young and a pair that was so close to being born, it seemed this particular wedding was rather small.

Yet, he found himself smiling at Dimtiri and Zeref, a pair who had managed to defy the odds and whose love had even conquered the hearts of the Sapphire kingdom.

"Would you like to dance?"

Morgan blinked, his eyes falling on the merman he had been looking for. A hand had been extended, gold cuffs glistening on his wrists and the small hoops on his ears barely visible through his red hair. 

Yet, there was something in the merman's golden eyes that disturbed him. Gone was the clear orbs that he had been accustomed to,  replaced by an expression that seemed to betray no emotion.

"Atlantis?" Morgan whispered, his fingers dipping into Atlantis's palm, "What's wrong?"

The red haired merman remained silent for a few moments, "Please. Just dance with me."

Morgan assented, his eyes searching for the aura that surrounded Atlantis. Darkness clung to the merman's skin as he pulled Morgan into the dance.

"Atlantis," Morgan murmured, resting the palm of his hand on the lord's shoulder, "Tell me."

Atlantis refused to meet his gaze as he spoke, "What secret did the Sapphire ceremony reveal to you?" 

Morgan furrowed his brows, "He said that I have yet to fully realize the full potential of my magic," he murmured, "What did he say to you?"

Atlantis tensed for a few moments before relaxing and pulled Morgan in a tight embrace, kissing the witch's cheek, "Later," he murmured, "Let's enjoy the party for now."

The witch nodded but he couldn't get Atlantis's strange behavior out of his mind.

Just enjoy it for now, he thought, allowing himself to succumb to the festivities. 

Morgan's and Atlantis adventures will continue in Book 6:

Ruby