Showbiz

Showbiz // Chapter Six

It was a few days later when Phil stood in front of Dan's door.

It had been kind of an impulsive decision, really. Phil had somehow managed to once again avoid Dan for days, just that this time, Dan knew why the black haired man was ignoring him, at least Phil assumed that.

But tonight, he needed to talk. He wanted to talk. Right now. However, Dan was probably mad at him.

So when Phil knocked Dan's door right at 2:43 in the morning, he didn't even expect him to answer, also considering the fact that 2:43 in the morning probably wasn't a normal time to randomly knock someone's door.

"Phil? What the hell are you doing here?"

Phil just stared at him, trying to think of something to say. Yeah, why was he here? To apologise? To embarrass himself even further? To hurt himself?

"I... I'm sorry."

Now it was Dan's turn to stare, and Phil could tell the brunet wasn't sure what to say to that. But in the end, he decided to answer with a question. "Sorry for what?"

"Lying to you. Avoiding you. I don't really know, I guess."

Dan didn't say anything. Phil had no idea how he felt, and his face didn't really give anything away, either.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Phil checked his phone for the time. Of course, he knew Dan's question had been rhetorical, but he couldn't help it. "Currently... 2:44 in the morning."

"So, to summarise all of this, you ignore me for four days just to come to my house at 3 in the morning so you can apologise?"

"Quarter to 3," Phil corrected Dan, which earned him a roll of his eyes.

Silence.

"You know what?" Dan started after a while and grabbed his coat from a hanger next to the door. "I need some fresh air. You wanna come with me?"

Phil just nodded, grateful Dan hadn't sent him away or yelled at him. He didn't even seem to be angry. Just tired.

The past few times they'd met, Phil had noticed how Dan liked wearing either monochrome or pastel colours. He never really wore anything bright.

Phil used to be quite the opposite. He used to wear bright T-shirts and plaid shirts all the time, but at some point, he'd kind of stopped wearing the bright colours. Plaid shirts were still his favourite, even though he liked black shirts with somewhat nerdy prints on them as well.

Phil had also noticed how Dan didn't give a crap when it came to gender roles, so it didn't surprise him when he saw him wear a pastel pink wool coat. And he had to admit, the colour suited the brown-eyed man well.

Sometimes Phil wished he'd have the courage to do things like that. Being able to wear nail polish, wear pink things and do some more 'girly' things in general. But he was too scared people would judge him.

Dan walked up the stairs and Phil followed him. He didn't ask, but he assumed they were on their way to the rooftop of the building.