Sunburn

Sunburn // Chapter One

The man who'd just walked in immediately caught Dan's eye.

There was something about him that just seemed so... so interesting, Dan couldn't even quite name it, but he wasn't able to keep his eyes off the dark haired man.

Maybe it was that. The dark hair in combination with the stunning blue eyes and the pale skin. Or maybe it was just everything about him. His appearance seemed so unique, so special to Dan, and all of that made this man so... so beautiful, and Dan simply loved looking at beautiful people.

"Can I help you, Sir?" He'd finally walked over to his new customer, the typical smirk on his lips and asking the question he asked almost everyone finding their way into his little shop at the end of the street.

"Uh... No, I don't think so, thanks." The man smiled and Dan nodded. "Alright. You'll find me over there if you need anything." He pointed at the counter in the middle of the back wall with a quick movement of his head. The other man nodded and Dan smiled before he turned around to go back to his place behind the counter.

But he didn't quite reach it because his new customer spoke up again before he could do so. "Well, actually... maybe you can help me."

Dan turned around again, secretly happy to have an excuse to look at the blue-eyed guy with the interesting face again. "Of course. What are you looking for?"

The other man had a weird smile on his face and Dan wasn't really sure what it implied, but it was cute nonetheless. "A shirt." The guy smirked and Dan furrowed his eyebrows. "For what occasion, exactly?"

Dan turned to look around his shop. What pattern would be the best? Which colour suited the man's eyes the most? What colour would work well together with his skin tone?

"It's my grandma's birthday next week and we have this huge family gathering..." The guy looked kind of annoyed and exhausted while saying that. Dan wondered why, but of course, he didn't ask. The black haired man continued, "We'll meet in some fancy restaurant, so I'll need a nice shirt."

Dan nodded. He had several shirts in mind right now, and he already got excited. He loved to help his costumers find the right clothes, there was just something about it that was satisfying to him. Figuring out what other people's preferences were when it came to fashion and helping them to look as good as possible was what Dan liked doing.

With his eyes, he searched through the rail clothing racks until some specific shirts caught his eye. He walked over to them and rummaged through them with his hands until he found one he liked. The black haired man stood behind him, waiting.

"How about this one?" Dan asked and smiled while holding up a blue button up shirt.

Dan had chosen the pastel blue colour because he thought it would match the black haired man's eyes. White probably would have been too bright for his pale skin tone, while black seemed a bit too dark for his hair. What Dan liked about the shirt was that it had blue lace above the chest. It made the whole thing look special in a way. He actually owned the same shirt, but his was all black.

"I'm not sure," the man admitted, examining the shirt in Dan's hands. "Isn't it a bit too... I don't know, extraordinary for me?"