Amnesia... Part 1

Dima POV

“ So tell me. Who is Tria’s father?” I asked turning around to face Ana. We were in the park a few blocks from Nick’s place; She was looking at Tria playing in the sandbox a few feet away. I watched the way her body froze as my question sunk in.  She took in a deep breath and turned to face me.  She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.  

    “ I- I don’t know.” She mumbled. I raised a brow and waited for her to continue.  “ I mean like i really don’t know.”
    “Why is that? How is that possible?” I asked resting my forearms on knee, leaning towards her.  I already knew that Tria was my daughter . I had no doubts about that, what worried me was the fact that Ana didn’t. We have been together for a while now and it seems like she still haven’t remembered me or what happened between us. That worried me.

    “ There is a lot about me that I haven’t told you and if I haven’t told you it’s not from lack of trust. It’s because there is a lot about me and my life that I don’t know.”

    “Babe, you can tell me and I promise to help you figure everything out.  Two heads are better then one.” I said stroking her cheek.  She leaned into my touch and closed her eyes.

    “Okay.” She said pulling back. “ IhavenomemeoriesfrommylifebeforeTria.” She rushed out. If it wasn’t because of my superhuman hearing I wouldn’t have caught her words. I frowned and pulled back.

    “What do you mean?”

    “ Three years ago I woke up in the hospital covered in bruises with no recollection of who I was or how I got to the hospital in the first place. The only familiar face I had was Cara and she was more then relieved when I opened my eyes.  I asked her who I was and she told me that my name was Analia Volcania and that she was my sister. She then proceeded to tell me that I had slipped into a coma after being brutaly attacked and left for dead. Apparently I was a miracle case because doctors expected the worse from amount of blood that I lost, not counting the mulptiple tissues scarred,, especially for someone in my condition. I asked what she meant. She couldn’t answer me so she pointed to my stomach. Imagine my surprise when I realized that my stomach was swollen and that I was 4 months pregnant.”

    She let out a bitter laugh and wiped away the tears that started to leak down her face. I pulled her in my arms and placed a kiss t the crown of her head.  

    “Shh.. You don’t have to continue if you don’t want to.” I murmured to her. A piece of my heart being ripped away with each tear that she shed.

    “No I have to tell you.” She said pulling away wiping away her tears. “You have to know.”

    I nodded and squeezed her hand.

    “ At first it was hard for me to cope with. I didn’t know who I was. Who the father of my unborn child was. Whether I was married or not. And most importantly who attacked me so bruttaly. For a while I entertained the thought of giving her up for adoption” She said shuddering. “ The day Tria was born, that thought immediately left my mind. The moment she let out her first wail I knew that I couldn’t give her up. When they handed her to me, she immediately quiet down and starred into  my eyes, as mesmerized by me as I was by her. I know this may sound crazy but I would of sworn that within minutes of being born, she smiled at me. And I knew right then and there that everything would be okay. WE would be okay. That little girl saved me....”