Chapter 1

Just a reminder:
(Y/N) your name
(H/C) hair colour
(H/L) hair length
(E/C) eye colour
(F/W) favourite weapon
--------------------
Reader's POV

I walked out of the Dawn Star Sanctuary and into the cold northern air. Soft snow fell from the sky and landed on the cold earth. I looked over to the direction of my horse, Shadowmere, then I heard a familiar voice.

"Why hello Listner!"

"C-Cicero?" I spun around to see the jester wearing his black and red suit, dagger in hand. "You're alive?" I asked in awe.

"Oh yes. Cicero is very much alive. You were a fool to let Cicero live, now Cicero will kill you! I SHOULD BE LISTNER, NOT YOU!!" He shreiked. My awe quickly turned to fear as Cicero took a step towards me. My hand found the hilt of my (F/W). "Ha ha ha ha! Cicero jests, I would never hurt the Listener. We shall be best friends forever!" He continued laughing as I began to calm down. "Don't do that Cicero! You scared me." I muttered. "You should've seen your face Listner!" He continued to laugh.

"I must go tend to Mother!" He chirped before advancing towards the Sanctuary door. "Wait! Cicero why don't you accompany me?" I asked nervously. Seeing the jester made me...happy for some reason. My face blushed lightly has he turned to look at me. After a moments pause he said, "Wonderful idea Listner! Dear Cicero will keep you safe from harm, forever." He ran over and wrapped his arms around me tightly, my face turning a deep red.

"Well (Y/N) where will you lead Cicero?" He asked after letting go. "W-well I uh, must speak to Delvin over in Riften." I stuttered shyly.

"Ooh Cicero will come!" He bounced around happily before climbing up onto Shadowmere. "Uh Cicero, don't you want me to lead?" I motioned to the reigns he was holding. "No no! Listener will sit behind Cicero!" He insists. I shrugged and climbed onto Shadowmere's back. The black horse grunted and stomped his feet in impatience. "Hold on tight (Y/N)!" Cicero laughed before launching Shadowmere into full sprint.

I yelped in surpirse and held onto Cicero's waist even tighter.

**time skip to night**

The sun had sun long ago, replaced by the Aurora. A cold breeze ruffled my (H/L), (H/C) hair. "Should we make camp or keep going? If we continue we should reach Riften by morning," I suggested.

"No! We camp! Listner needs her rest. And Cicero gets to spend more time with (Y/N)!" He clapped happily, the noise echoing through the dark forest. I giggled and nodded

**time skip to camp**

I sat next to Cicero in front of the fire, a pot of stew bubbling over it. The scent was so delicious it made my mouth water and my stomach growl even louder. "Cicero could use a sweet roll...or a carrot." He pouted.

"Don't worry, there's carrots in the stew." I smiled and motioned to the bubbling pot. Cicero merely nodded in agreement.

I tensed as a hand found its way across my back and rested on my hip, only to realise it was Cicero.

"Tell Cicero about you (Y/N)," He whispered quietly. This is unusual. Since when does Cicero act like this? I thought. "Um, what you do want to know?" I asked nervously. "Past," He murmured. My body immediately tensed as memories unsurfaced. "I don't want to talk about that!" I growled.

"Cicero is sorry for angering the Listener!" He cried as he retracted his hand from my side. For a moment I missed the warm touch of his hand and the cold seeped through into my bones. I pushed the feelings away and grabbed the stew pot handle to move it away from the fire. Sharp pain shot up my palm and I yelled loudly.

"Damn pot!" I shreiked, rushing over to a pile of soft snow. I covered my hand in snow and relished in the cool relief.

"Listener! What did you do (Y/N)?" Cicero's voice was full of concern and his eyes were full of fear.

"I forgot to get a cloth to cover the handle with." I mumbled, embarrassed. My face turned red as Cicero knelt beside me and grabbed my right wrist. He inspected my burn before kissing it lightly and letting it rest gently in the snow. I looked up at Cicero in shock but he had already left to tend to the stew. I sat silently in the snow, my face red and my thoughts running wild. Cicero kissed my hand? Cicero kissed my hand! Did he only do it because I'm the Listener or... I shook my head to clear my thoughts. "No. It's just Cicero being Cicero." I told myself sharply. I got up to get some stew only to find Cicero made me a bowl.

"Thank you." I mumbled between mouthfuls. I was ravished and the hot broth warmed me from the inside.

"Cicero lives to serve the Listener," He laughed. I smiled and continued to eat.

**time skip to sleeping**

Cicero's POV

I sat looking over (Y/N). My ginger hair falling around my face. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful while she slept. She was beautiful and graceful in battle as well but never calm. Always moving, fidgeting, observing. Why must she be so beautiful? I glanced over to her bag laying next to her armour. I looked back at her sleeping form and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. I giggled quietly at my actions and crept over to her bag, pulling out a small leather bound book.

"This should tell Cicero what Cicero wants to know," I giggled even more.

I opened the book and read the neat hand writing inside. Tears began to well up in my eyes as I continued reading (Y/N)'s journal. Inside told tales of her time wandering Skyrim alone and afraid, her time at the Theives Guild, when she worked as a theif and met Brynjolf, how she quickly fell for him but lost the feelings once she continued traveling, how many people she had killed, how many things she had stolen, and finally her time in the Dark Brotherhood.

Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary

I met the most lovely group of people. Astrid, Babette, Nazir, Festus, Arnbjorn, Gabriella, Veezara, and Cicero. I love them all, they treat me like family! Oh how I've always longed for a family! Not even the Theives Guild treated each other like this. But Cicero is different...I don't love him like I love the rest. I love him differently. I think I have a crush on Cicero! He's a handsome jester with shoulder length ginger hair and brown eyes. He's so funny the way he tells jokes and dances, it always makes me smile...
End.

"No more pages. All blank." I muttered. "But the Listner loves Cicero? Cicero loves the Listner! Cicero must protect the Listener! Cicero most protect (Y/N)." I leaned over (Y/N) again and watched her sleep peacefully before curling up in my own bed roll. I felt warm inside knowing the Listner loved Cicero the way I loved her.