9. Tobias/Tris

Months later...

"Tobias, are you sure you brought all of my boxes?" My sweetheart calls from the living room of my home. Two months of being together, I told her my real name and convinced her to move in with me.

"I'm positive, Baby. Why, is something missing?" I call, getting up from my office chair to find her. I rush my steps when I hear her sniffle.

"I can't find my turtle," she says, looking up at me with sad eyes that break my heart.

"Aww, sweetie, what did it look like?" I gather my very pregnant and emotional girlfriend into my lap, allowing her nuzzles my neck.

"He was a stuffed animal who was very worn. He was a gift from my mother, and I was hoping to pass it to my baby."

"Okay, baby. I'll keep an eye out for it tonight, and if we don't find we'll go back to your house to look, okay?" I rub her back gently.

"Thank you."

We didn't end up finding the stuffed turtle after days of searching. Tris was absolutely distraught.

"Can you tell me, aside the fact that it was from your mom, why it was so important?"

We were in the same position as the other day, with her curled on my lap and tucked in my neck.

"My mom committed suicide when I was fifteen after my dad left her for somebody else. As soon as it happened, I was taken away. It was the only thing I managed to take with me to foster care," she wraps her arms around my torso tighter. "This baby is the result of me leaving that hell when I was eighteen and not having any place to stay. I got taken advantage of," she's sobbing, wet tears falling onto my shirt.

I didn't know what to say. I had never heard about how the baby was conceived because I didn't feel it was my place. But now, I wish I could just swoop her up and protect her from this horrid, wicked world.

++++TRIS++++

It was the day that I'd finally find the gender of my baby. I had been pushing back the appointments to accomplish my bucket list per say before my due date. It was all Tobias' idea. We were limited because I didn't want to fly, and we couldn't go to Disney like I really really wanted, but those were all things I could do when he or she gets here.

All the things I never got to do as a teenager, he's taken me to do. He's recreated school dances, taken me camping and to the ocean. And as much as I didn't agree with it, he enrolled me back into college so I could finally get the job that I wanted when I was ready.

He was so incredibly sweet and amazing, there was no possible way that I wasn't in love with him. I mean aside from all of the money he's spent on me and the baby, he's held me when I cried and is right there when I can't sleep at night. He's one-hundred percent my best friend.

"Are you ready, cutie? I hate to rush, but I've got a lunch meeting at one," he kisses my head, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and guiding me back inside the doctor's office.

I sat down on the crinkly paper, Doctor Canvas smiling warmly at me,"It's great to see you, Tris. Who's this?" she gestures up to Tobias.

"This is Four, my boyfriend," I grin. Tobias shakes her hand, before sitting back down his seat.

"It's great to meet you. Tris, you look amazing. Are you ready to find out the gender, or do you want to talk business first?"

"I want to know the gender, please."

She puts the lubricated jelly on my stomach and waves the wand over, the smile never leaving her face. "Ultrasounds are about ninety-eight percent accurate, just so you know. Well, it looks like you're having a little boy. Congratulations."

Tears pool into my eyes and I laugh. A little boy to cherish and love with Tobias.

"That's amazing," Tobias breathes, watching the screen with glassy eyes. "A little son..."

A sob laugh rips from my mouth as I squeeze the hand of the man I love. We're going to have a son.