8. Tris

"Good morning. Did you sleep better last night?" Four asks me as he walks into my home. Yesterday he installed my fan, using the money I was saving for a flower bed, and a body pillow. He's been coming to my house every morning, picking me up for work, and then taking me home. He usually eats dinner with me and stays until I fall asleep. It's become a really nice routine.

"I slept a lot better. Thank you," I smile at him sweetly, pulling my little blender from under the sink. Smoothies are my normal breakfast. Today's consisted of bananas, berries, yogurt, and some walnuts.

He leans against the kitchen counter, a Starbucks coffee cup in his hands. "It's Friday, any plans for the weekend cutie?"

"Nope, nothing exciting."

"Let's go somewhere," he says, sipping his drink.

"Go somewhere?" I squeak, turning towards him.

He taps his chin, "Hawaii or California, someplace exciting. I'll take you where ever you want to go. Take a week off from work and get out of this place for a little while."

"As great as that sounds, I don't think I can." I mutter. I don't have the money to go anywhere, and I need to work to make money.

"I'm very serious, Tris. Let's go somewhere, I'll pay. You need an adventure. Hawaii is out of question because you probably don't want to fly, but let's rent an RV and just drive for a week."

"Camping?" I squeak without thinking. I had never been camping before, but I always dreamt of it.

"Okay we'll go camping then. We can't be authentic and sleep in a tent because I worry for your back, Button, but I'll rent us a camper and hook it to my truck and we'll go camping. I'll talk to Rose when I drop you off today," he puts his coffee down and walks towards me as he speaks.

"I can't," I frown. "I can't ask you to do that."

"You didn't ask me to do anything. Look, having this baby is going to be wonderful-for you I mean," he stuttered. "But, I have the feeling that you haven't had the chance to do the things you wanted to do. Let's try to accomplish everything we can without the baby, and then so much more when he or she's here."

Tears spill from my eyes, causing me to act like a blubbering mess, "Why do you do so much for me? Why are doing all this?"

He smiled sweetly, warmly, taking my hands in his. "There's just something about you, Baby. I'm attracted to you, a lot. I want to be whatever you need me to be." He tucks me into his arms.

"My friend who'll always take care of me and my baby and always be here when I need them," I whisper.

"If that's what you need me to be," his voice cracks and he sounds pained.

"I-I think I need more than that though," I mutter, glancing up to meet his pretty eyes.

"Like?"

"Boyfriend?" I squeak, resting my face on his chest.

He kisses my head, chuckling softly, "If that's what you want," he says, rubbing his hands up and down my sides.

"What do you want?" I look up at him again.

"I want to be able to call you mine, and to be able to take care of you and this baby. Not because either feel like you need help, but because I'm falling for you. I have this stupid fantasy of having a family with you."

"Aww," I croak, the waterworks starting again. "You're amazing."