Chapter 4

And now, onto the world of hurt owned by I, Nashi Dragneel!
I gasped in fear and shock. My parents were sitting on the sofa, my mother was sobbing into her hands while my father tried to comfort her. The source of all this shock and anguish, was the stretcher in the centre of the room. On top of it was the unmistakable shape of a body, it wasn't big enough to be an adult or teenagers, it was a small child's. A feeling of dread overtook my body as I reached out to pull the sheet of the body. I gave a firm tug, as soon as the sheet slid off, I cried out in pain. Lying in front of me, covered in blood, was my beautiful, little brother. I sank to my knees, shivering and muttering it can't be, over and over again. The reason I was still living, was gone. My mother staggered toward me, and opened her arms, I gazed up at her tearfully, wondering if this was all just a terrible nightmare. That when I woke I would see my precious brother sneak toast and a glass of juice into my room, then I would go to school and when it finished come home and have a movie marathon with him and Emily, both of them teasing me and calling me Jay while I yelled that wasn't my name.
"Jay Baby, please come here, I don't wanna lose my other baby either. Please, never leave m-me," My mother choked out sobbing even harder. I stared at her open arms and before I knew it, I was wrapped up in her comforting warmth. The last time we hugged like this, my dad was passed out on the couch, it was the first time he hit me and when mum came home, she found me in her bedroom, crying and wailing into her pillow. I was 5 at the time. She stroked my hair gently, holding me close, I knew she was doing this as much for me as her.
So, um. This was the first time doing a chapter that was mine for this book, I would really appreciate some feedback on how it was? Please.
Word Count 374