"T-Tou-san... you... yo-your arm..."

Hidan looked down.

"Oh... right... Sorry you had to see that. I was trying to test out this theory and I thought I'd get it all cleaned before you woke up and kind of fell asleep."

Marisu poked her head from the hallway and observed the mess with an unimpressed eye. She then walked to her son's side and covered his eyes with one hand while patting his head with the other.

"Are you able to reattach your arm all by yourself?" she questioned. Hidan lifted his remaining hand and sent chakra to his palm, watching it as it burned green for a moment before he let it die out.

"Yeah, I got it. Takeo, you alright?"

The boy shakily held a thumbs up.

"To-To-Totally..."

Marisu, her hand still over his eyes, started to gently push him towards the door.

"We'll stand outside for a bit while you clean up your... experiment."

"Sounds fair. Won't take ten minu— fuck where's my pinky finger? Ugh. Fifteen minutes!"

It wasn't that Takeo hadn't seen body parts and blood before, but seeing one's father in a pool of his own blood and snoring with his arm staining the furniture wasn't exactly the ideal picture he'd like to suddenly wake up to.

::

Satoshi would be stealthy today. 

His bangs were pinned back by his parents' extra large bobby pins too, so that just about doubled his stealth, meaning his was serious. His mom would be at work by now as per Otokage duties and his father...

What was today? Monday? He'd be at Intelligence today and would be staying at home two hours longer than normal than if he had hospital duty.

He slowly diminished his chakra and sent an essence creeping out the window, masking his own chakra and sticking to the shadows of the hall. Maybe his dad would fall for it this time— after all, he'd gotten good at the delicate nature of chakra control to the point where he could have zero detection.

Satoshi crept down the stairs, only pausing at the sound of crackling oil and the light tin of the morning radio. Dad was making breakfast, like usual and... fell for the essence he sent out the window? Hopefully.

He darted to the kitchen island, stopped for a few heartbeats, then hid behind the wall near the front door. Dad was still at the stove with his hair tied in a high but and his lips taking a slight downturn as he glanced towards the stairs. Perfect. He didn't know.

Satoshi silently booked it to the front door and threw it open—

— only to collide into his dad's torso.

He groaned in defeat.

"It seems that you've lost again, Satoshi," Itachi noted, a small smile on his face. "Perhaps next time."

"I almost had it, though. What if I snuck out faster?"

"Speed shouldn't have been a factor as I'm still quicker than you. The essence was an interesting addition as opposed to the clone you used a week ago."

"Okay, okay. But when I do manage to reach the street before you catch me, will I still get to ask Sasuke-ji for those Konoha sweets?" he asked. Satoshi pouted as he meandered back into the house and removed the bobby pins, letting his bangs fall and cover half of his face like they normally did. Itachi patted his son's shoulder and returned to the kitchen.