It's a Good Song!

"I understand your need for such a risky course of action, but I don't understand why you're all here to do so."

Kabuto lived alone in a rather spacious two bedroom apartment with a three seater couch and a TV in the living area that connected with a small open kitchen to the side of it. He didn't even bat an eye at the current mass of bodies that had invaded both places.

Kisame ducked his head out of the fridge with three beers in each hand and tapped it shut with his hip.

"Well, you're going to be a part of this, for one." he said, causing Kabuto to roll his eyes, "And your place is a pretty great 'meet me halfway' point for us."

"Plus, we brought drinks and take out! It's a fucking awesome situation for you if you think about it." Hidan added. He was sandwiched on the sofa between Sasori and Tobi, casually snacking on popcorn as Deidara fumbled with the DVD player. He supposed he could let it slide this time. Unfortunately, he had become far too used to their company after being subjected to it for so long. So he simply decided to give up on it and sat down on the ground next to Sasori's legs.

"Which seasons are we watching?" he asked.

"The first and the... second." Kakuzu informed from the kitchen. Kabuto's eyebrows furrowed as he turned his head.

"Why did you say it like that?"

There was a string of uncomfortable silence, earning his curious stare and Itachi's rather irritable gaze from his seat at the arm chair. Kabuto ran possible scenarios through his head that could have resulted in such a depressed reaction. What was it? All they were watching was the first two seasons of Kunoichi Diaries and--

He stopped.

"You came to my apartment to play that abomination on my TV." he glowered, "All of you owe me. Indefinitely."

Hidan sighed.

"Fucking fair enough."

Kisame plopped onto the ground beside Kabuto and handed him a can of guava juice-- his favorite-- before passing down the beer. Deidara finally exclaimed in triumph when he finally got the damned player to work. He scooted back between Tobi and Hidan's legs and pointed the remote at the screen.

"Alright, un! Get ready for hell, Uchiha bastard!"

Said bastard twisted the cap off his beer as he crossed his legs.

"Is this truly necessary?"

"Yes." was the unified reply. Itachi pinched the bridge of his nose as the opening of the first episode ran. The moment he heard the typical upbeat opening song and saw the dramatic poses the actors were displaying, he allowed himself to sink into the seat.

"How many episodes are in a season?"

"Fifteen. Eighteen in season two."

"...How long is each episode?"

"Forty-five minutes."

Itachi went through a quick calculation of how long he'd have to stay and watch this horrible show against his will.

Twenty-five hours.

He was going to be here for twenty five hours.

He sank down even further.

Well, there went his weekend.

::

Sakura was amazed. Kabuto hadn't shown up for work the day before and she couldn't recall seeing Kakuzu and Kisame either. Deidara's genin team and Sasori's all-kunoichi genin team came to her office asking if their sensei had gone off on a mission because they certainly weren't around the village or in their homes. Tobi had been absent too, she discovered, when he didn't show up for the quick Academy clean up that normally occurred on off days.

She did have a hunch on where they'd be. Early Sunday morning, she walked the path to Kabuto's apartment in a cozy white sweater and green scarf. When she knocked on the door and found that no one would answer, she used the spare key he kept in her office desk and stepped through the threshold. Sakura raised a brow at the collection of sandals by the entrance and peered into the living area.

"Are you guys serious?" she sighed. Popcorn was scattered all over the floor with take out boxes piled up in the corner. The ending credits of what she assumed was Kunoichi Diaries rolled up the TV screen, empty beer bottles and juice cans strewn around it. Sakura stepped around the trash and stood in front of the TV.

Hidan and Tobi were crashed on the couch, each cuddled with a pillow and the former drooling on the arm rest. Deidara was face down on the wooden floor with pieces of rise on his shirt and a large bowl on his head. Kisame and Kabuto were curled up against each other near the hallway, Kakuzu not too far away with his head buried in his shirt. Sasori was underneath the coffee table, snoring lightly with weird yellow stuff in his hair. And last but not least was Itachi, who simply had his eyes closed and his arms crossed over his chest.

Huh. Was there a marathon?

But no matter. Sakura drew in a deep breath as she collected chakra in her throat.

"OI!"

The coffee table jumped as a head collided against it, several curses spilling out, followed by yelps of surprise and lazy groans. She gave a pointed stare at Deidara and Sasori first and foremost.

"You two have teams, remember? You both have missions slated today and if you don't hurry, you'll be late."

Next was Tobi.

"Masao-san was looking for you. He mentioned something about test results he needed by noon today." she said. His eyes flew open as he dove off the couch and scampered around to gather his things.

"I FORGOT! DAMMIT! WHY'S THE SERIES SO GOOD?!"

"Kakuzu. Interrogation of the infiltration specialist."

His shoulders dropped and a sigh escaped his lips, his entire posture just screaming 'fuck'. With a slight tilt to her lips, she avoided the disoriented bodies about the apartment. Itachi got up from the chair and rubbed at his eyes-- almost like a child-- Sakura noted with a chuckle. He cocked his head at her.

"Something the matter?"

"Not at all, Itachi-san! Ne, want to go get some dango? It's on me."

She tugged his long sleeve shirt and moved to slip out the front door.

"Oh, and good morning, everyone!" she grinned.

::

Marisu looked up from reading documents when her husband staggered through the door and dropped into the seat beside her.

"How were the first two seasons of Kunoichi Diaries?" she asked. Hidan leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Just as wonderfully shitty as I remember." he said, smiling when she gave a soft laugh, "I don't know if Pretty Boy got anything out of it. There's some interesting methods in the series, but I'll be damned if he actually went and did any of those things."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin atop her head. She leaned into his embrace, nose wrinkling at the smell of alcohol.

"Interesting methods? Like when you tried to serenade me at the hospital using the voice enhancement technique Sakura-sama taught you?" she hummed. Hidan puffed out his cheeks and held her tighter.

"I still remember how red you got."

"You sang Tale as Old as Time."

"It's a good song!"

"I was on the top floor, Hidan."

"You had to hear me somehow, right?"