The Virginity (Cherry-Popping) Scene *AWKWARD*

Now before I start let me say that sometimes the loss of virginity scene actually works for some stories, but for some it does not. Before you add it make sure it makes sense or something...or whatever...who am I? Nobody...so why are you listening to me chump?

smh.

Anyway what I really want to say is...why does every teen book I read have the Cherry-Popping Scene? Like the girl has to be a virgin, and then one day she's like.....

ok scenario lol.

Joseph laid the battered back pack on the edge of his bed and sighed. We both knew that something was about to happen, maybe that's why I stood there in his door way with my hand wrapped around the doorknob. His parents were gone, they would in fact be gone for another day.

It was just me and him.

I wasn't ready for this, we hadn't even gotten past second base correctly and now we were about to go the whole nine yards? Did this even make sense? How many shits would my Dad beat out of me if he knew I was here instead of at Ashleys like I should have been?

"Shit." I whispered to myself and jiggled the doorknob.

Meanwhile Joseph sank onto his unkempt bed and ran a pale hand hastily through his bronze hair. He laughed gently through parted pink lips and twiddled with his thumbs like a nut case.

Did I really want this guy to see the color of my panties? (magenta pink by the way)

And what about the pain I'd heard about, would I feel it too?

Did I even love him?

"We don't..." he dropped his head and emitted another round of nervous laughter. I laughed along with him too, no excuse me, I attempted to laugh along with him, I ended up coughing and then smiling like a paranoid idiot. Joseph raised his head and shook it, " Case, we don't have to do this."

This guy was my friend, my bestfriend, I'd known him for years, I'd slept in the same bed as him and I....I loved him?

"But we, we promised eachother." It was a stupid promise, a stupid pledge, but hadn't we made it? Two stupid seventeen year olds with nothing to do but bask away the last few weeks of summer before Senior year came around, "We promised." I repeated and bit my lip.

If I were to lose it to anyone else, then why not him first?

"Don't you want to?"

His green eyes sparkled as the last of the sun faded through his slitted blinds and he took a deep breath, "Cassidy, maybe we shouldn't. What are we doing?"

"Look who sounds like a girl now," I teased and ran my fingers through my curls, "punking out on our deal?"

Had our summer of fooling around complicated things, after all we'd made the deal right?

Give us the summer, hadn't he said that?

And hadn't I said, Give me your virginity?

Two virgins...

Who believed that anyway, who believed that him, the third hottest (fifth hottest in my book) guy at James High was a virgin. And who would believe that he had lost his virginity to his nerdy bestfriend?

No one..

But we would know.

"Are you sure?" He pressed his hands into the soft contours of his mattress and leaned forward, "Do you love me?"

"I love you enough to give you my virginity, " I made my way into his room, loosened my hold around the doorknob and pressed the door closed.

With one hand I turned the lock gently to the right, and with the other I loosened the buttons on my favorite pink shirt.