What I Left Behind- Chapter 50

Start from the beginning

Ava understood and nodded her head.

"Soon he's going to be famous and this will all be worth it in the end." Ava said trying to lighten the mood.

"Definitely." Charlie agreed.

"Looks like it's just him though. Everyone else is going to be back in Auburn. Matter of fact, even Chase is moving up here." I said laughing.

I was surprised when he told me he was going to move here and not Seattle to be with his siblings, but he had said it was for the better opportunity.

Same as Ava.

Those two were more alike than I'd ever thought.

Ava shot me a glance and her eyes widened to know more.

"Uh oh does Ava have a crush on Chase Malloway?" Charlie said giggling.

Ava smacked Charlie playfully on her arm.

I laughed, "She so does. Just look at her face!" Charlie said laughing.

"Thank you captain obvious." I interjected.

Ava blushed, "He's cute but I don't know. He seems very mature yet mysterious it's weird."

I nodded my head in understanding. Chase may have been open with me about his family but it didn't mean he wanted everyone to know it as well.

"That's kind of hot though." Charlie said.

I rolled my eyes, "Said the girl who hated his guts the second she looked at him." I said.

Charlie gasped, "I did not hate him! I'm not going to lie though, I wasn't a big fan of him but only because of Ethan and you but I'm totally fine with him now. I didn't know who he really was but he's not a bad guy. He's growing on me though." Charlie said.

I smiled, "Good." I replied.

"Mhmm." Charlie added grabbing a magazine on from the granite countertop and flipped through it.

"Have you been swimming in your new pool yet?" Ava asked looking out the kitchen window.

"Not yet." I replied taking a sip from my coffee.

She dropped her hand from the blinds, "And why the hell not?! Girlfriend, you're a waste." Ava said stripping her clothes.

I looked at her and laughed.

"Don't worry. Charlie and I just came back from the tanning salon so we're wearing our bathing suits under our clothes. Care to join?" Ava asked once she was completely stripped down from her clothes.

I laughed.

Ava was such a carefree person.

I loved it.

"Let me put on my suit." I said getting up from my stool.

******************************************

"Why are you idiots not in the pool? It feels incredible." I asked them as I pulled myself onto a lounger floating in the pool.

Ava and Charlie were on the phone with the salon to make sure it was okay to swim but took forever on doing so.

"They're not answering." Charlie pouted.

"Maybe they know two crazies were going to call and so they didn't bother picking up." I said shrugging.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Ava responded sarcastically.

I shrugged.

"Whateva! The lady told me to do whatever so that's what I'm going to do. And besides, it's hot as balls right now. On three Charlie, you ready?" Ava asked Charlie.