Chapter 16; The Dance

It was the day of the dance. I was excited for no reason.

Rumors spreaded at the school that a very famous band will be playing at the dance and also, my principal told me to do a performance.

I kept imagining how Logan would dress. In a suit with his hair waxed or what?

Ding Dong!

"Selena! Demi's here," Dad shouted. It was 7pm already?

"Coming!" I yelled. I put on my shoes and brushed my hair.

Demi was here in a cab, glamour much? "Woah.." I sighed.

--

We reached the school and I received a text from Logan.'

From: Logan

To: You

"Meet me at the back of the stage once you're here :)"

"Come on, we're meeting Logan at the back of the stage," I dragged Demi. 

"Selena wearing a dress and high heels? Who is she trying to impress?" I heard a group's conversation as walked into the school. 

This is TOO embarrassing.

"It is just a dress and heels Sel. Its nothing, all girls wear it," Demi said. 

When we reached our school's indoor basketball court, we didn't see it as a basketball court anymore, it looked way different. Demi and I walked to the back of the stage and went down a flight of stairs.

There I saw Logan standing there with a black suit with a white collared shirt underneath.

"Hey," I said as I approached Logan.

"You..." Logan said as my heart beated fast. Why was my heart like this? Is he trying to compliment me?

"guys look beautiful..And look! You're wearing a dress with heels," Logan laughed.

"It is so not funny" I punched Logan in the stomach. "Ouch," Logan said.

"Lets go over to the dance floor," Logan said. "Oh guys, I'm going to help Ariana with the music. Catch you guys later!" Demi runned off.

"Looks like it is just you and me," I said. Logan laughed. Why was he laughing?

We walked to the  front of the stage and got some food and drinks and sat at a table.

"Hello students!" the speaker of the Mic. shouted on stage. I looked up from the food and noticed it was Cameron Quiseng. "Want to know who's the special guest?!" he shouted.

Students screamed. "And there's also one beatiful country singer who's coming!" Cameron yelled. More students screamed.

"They're excited, are you?" Logan asked. I shook my head.

"Here comes..TAYLOR SWIFT!" Cameron yelled. 

Taylor Swift?! I used to hang out with her, but then she got busier and I had school stuff to do so we only texted or call each other but its been long since I've heard from her.

"Hi guys. I think you might know me. I'm going to sing my song called Enchanted," Taylor said. 

"Care to dance?" Logan asked. I walked to the dance floor and put my arms around him. It felt strange..

There I was again tonight,

Forcing laughter, faking smiles,

Same old tired lonely place.

Walls of insincerity,

Shifting eyes and vacany,

Vanished when I saw your face.

All I can is it was enchanting to meet you.

"You know I expected you to be here with Harry," Logan said. 

"Me too," I whispered.

"Thanks you guys! Happy valentines day!" Taylor said. I watched her as she walked out of the court.

"NOW! The next band is...ONE DIRECTION!" Cameron shouted in a british accent.

My heart fell..

"Hi! We're One Direction! We're going to sing One Thing," the boys said.

The song started playing, I let go of Logan and walked back to my seat. Why were they here? Why didn't they tell me?

"You're shocked?" Logan asked as he sat down. I nodded.

 "Why?" a very unfamilliar voice spoke. I looked, it was the dark angel girl who was about to lock me up. What was her name again? Effera?

"You know I can help you with all of this, just come and help us Dark Angels and Harry will be yours..FOREVER," she said. "Come to us Selena..You know you want to," Effera said as she held her hand out.

I was reaching for her hand when someone slapped my hand and pulled me away. 

It was Logan, "What are you trying to do? You know you will end up just dying," Logan whispered.

"Thanks for listening. Happy Valentines Day to all of you!" One Direction shouted.

"You will regret Selena," she said.

"Lets GO Sel," Logan was angry, he was frowning and clenching his fist already.

We went to the rooftop of the school. "What were you thinking Selena? You are willing to die for that guy?!" Logan shouted.

"It is my problem if I want to die. I know he's not worth it but I love him," I said. "Are you sure?" Logan asked. I nodded.

"Are you sure Selena?" He asked again. I nodded. 

"Are you sure Selena Gomez?" he asked again..I just kept quiet.

"Are you sure Selena Marie Gomez?!" Logan yelled, shaking me.

"Okay! Okay! I don't really know. I don't think so..He hurt me, too much," I whispered.

Logan took off his suit. "No..Logan you don't have to," I said. Logan then put his jacket of his suit onto me. 

"Aren't you cold?" I asked. "I don't mind," he said.

"I think Harry's gay," Logan said. "Dude! Why did you bring this up?" I laughed. Logan grinned widely.

"Really! He looks gay!" Logan laughed. "Oh god, please stop. My stomach hurts!" I yelled.

"You know..There's something that I didn't tell you," Logan said, scratching his head. "What is it?" I asked.

"Remember when Louis said someone was your protector? Well..." Logan said. "That protector is.., me,". 

"I don't care, at least I'll be safe..in your arms," I smiled. "Are you copying what I said to you the other day in Cotton On?" Logan asked. "Oh god, you remember?" I slapped my palm onto my forhead.

Both of us burst out laughing.

 Now that Logan was just wearing the white collared shirt and black pants, I honsetly think he looks good.

------

(Logan drove me home)

"Thanks Logan, for everything," I said. "No problem Ms Gomez," Logan said in a funny british accent.