Bittersweet Goodbyes..

The car suddenly jerks to a stop, my head sliding off of Jonas' shoulder. I sit up and softly rub my makeupless eyes. Slowly, I begin to notice my surroundings; we are at the airport. 

"Charlie! Jonas! We’re at the airport; it’s time to wake up." my mum reaches her hand to the backseat and rubs my knee. Jonas sits up to stretch and yawn.

The way he looks when he has just woken up is perfection. I lean over to slowly open my car door, the humid air smacking me in the face. I will not miss this. Jonas is already at the side door, smiling down at me while I reach up to stretch one more time. I cannot even finish my stretch before he has his arms around my waist and is lifting me off my feet. 

My back slightly pops when he returns me to the ground. We hear people shouting, suitcase wheels rolling across the pavement, and a child wailing as their parents rush frantically towards their flight. I look around to see our airport terminal number over the sliding glass doors that will lead us inside. 

We walk around to the back of the car and lift the hatch to find my eight or nine suitcases and Jonas' two. My mother appears with a luggage cart as Jonas begins to take out our baggage. I look around London one last time before we make our way to the airport entrance. 

My mother has tears beginning to form in her eyes as she looks the two of us up and down. We are standing hand in hand and I am slightly smiling, just wanting to get our goodbyes over with. Jonas lets go of my hand when she moves in closer to hug me, and she whispers to stay safe, giving me a kiss on the head. She then hugs Jonas and whispers something I can't quite make out.

I scrunch up my eye brows, giving her a pouty face. Smiling, she gives me another squeeze, sniffing back her tears. I have always hated goodbyes; they are so miserable.

"Attention Terminal 23A, flight 42 to California USA, 3:00 pm. Your flight will begin boarding in half an hour. Please make your way to check your luggage. Thank you and safe travels." 

We all look up to the speakers where the voice came from. My mother now has tears running down her face. My own bottom lip begins to quiver as I can feel tears making their way to my eyes.

"Take your time with your mum, babe. I'll go check our bags, just meet me by the entrance." Jonas kisses the top of my head and proceeds to the entrance with the luggage cart. 

I look over to my mum, a slight smile present on my face. "He's a keeper," I say.

"Just please promise me one thing, be safe and smart, Charlie." concern washes over her face. 

"We are safe, mum, don't worry about us."

"Have a safe flight, darling. Call me when you get there." She forces a smile, trying to hold back more tears.

"I will." 

She pulls me tightly into her embrace one last time.

"I love you, Charlie." she kisses my head.

"I love you too mum."

I walk halfway to the doors, turning around to blow my mum a kiss. Smiling through the tears I feel a hand move slowly into mine. I look over to see Jonas grinning at me, reaching up to wipe a tear away. I laugh through the tears, giving him a kiss. 

Then I shiver once the bloody cold airport air finally hits me. Jonas takes off his hoodie. I admire his body as his white V-neck tee slightly lifts, revealing his toned abs, and I take my bottom lip between my teeth instinctively. He hands me his hoodie with a grin, not noticing the way I was staring at him a second ago. Once I put it over my head and my arms through the sleeves, his hand slips inside mine once again.