~Vylad~

•3rd person POV•
Y/N sat in her room, trying not go scream out in frustration. No one she cares about had been talking to her-not even spare a glance. She was beginning to lose her marbles.
She missed Travis. Here best friend in the whole wide world hasn't spoken to her since about 4 weeks back. She missed his shy and awkward personality. She missed his stupid sense of humor. She missed his smile. She missed his laugh.
She missed him.
Y/N also missed Garroth and Vylad. Vylad's been sick recently so he hasn't been talking to you. Garroth however, most likely hated her. Not only did the whole kiss thing happen, it seemed like she preferred his older brother over him. She missed his little-kid like attitude. She missed him.
And as much as she hated it, she even missed Zane. It was weird. All he would do is flirt and piss her off. But she still longed to see him. To be in the presence of his overconfident attitude.
She hadn't done anything recent besides go to school and come back home. She just didn't feel like doing anything at the moment.
There was a knock on her family's house, your father answering the door. Vylad was standing an the other side with a green scarf wrapped around his mouth and nose. "And you are?", Y/N's father asked. "Y/N's friend. I need to speak with her please", His reply was muffled by the scarf, but he understood. "Yeah OK, up the stairs first left", he said closing the door behind the unexpected visitor.
Y/N was genuinely surprised when Vylad barged into her room. She could've been changing! But, she was glad they see him none the less. "We need to talk Y/N", he seriously instructed, sitting on the end of her (F/C) bed sheets. "About what?", she asked lying down next to him. What was he going to talk about? Travis? Him? Garroth?
"Let's talk about Zane"
"No...I don't want to"
"Y/N please. He cares about you"
"So what if he did? He doesn't care about others! Didn't you see him attack that meif'wa girl?"
"She hit herself. He was talking to her because she gave you those pretty ears and tail"
"..."
"Now, you want to know what I have to say about my brother?"
"Whatever"
×××××
"It was a long time ago Y/N. Zane and you were only 5 years old. Garroth was 4. I was 3, almost 4. Now, hey don't give me that look, let me explain alright? You were our next door neighbors, our best friend in the whole world. Well, all of our only friends except Laurence who was buddies with Garroth. Even back in those preschool days, the Shadow Knights existed. It however, only consisted of 3 members. Zane was the exact opposite. Gene was the leader back then, and picking on us was always his little 5-year old pastime. He'd picked on us for 3 years. Until finally, after Sasha pushed you over, now 8 year old Zane went over and punched Gene square in the jaw because he was the one who told Sasha to do it. It then broke into a full on fight. You tried using some magik, but it misfired. The shock hitting Zane straight in the eye. You know, the one that still can't see.
Needless to say, both of our families were NOT happy with that. Your mother and mine agreed to get that memory out of our heads. Your mother, with her magics, stripped You, Zane, and Garroth from memories of each other. She also took your magiks. Our parents, luckily, were oblivious to the fact I saw it. You became reclusive in your house, until you moved a few weeks after.
I was going to tell Zane about you soon after it was erased, but he started avoiding us. He started hanging out with the shadow Knights, they were impressed by him standing up to them I guess.
Whenever I saw him start messing with you during this school year, I asked for your name. He said it sounded familiar, so I told him what happened. Just like I did you."
×××××
Y/N stared at Vylad with disbelief lingering in your eyes. This was ridiculous. But yet, once he finished, memories came flooding back.
The little boys and you playing games in the yard. Little Garroths child-crush on you when he was 4. Zane and you joking around in class. So many memories.
As the memories flooded back, same did the old emotions you had for your old friends. No, still have for your friends.
You pulled Vylad into a hug, holding him tightly. He hugged back, running a hand through your hair (platonically).
"Thank you..."
"Well no one else was going to do it"