Chapter 16: I Know The Story

Bắt đầu từ đầu

And this wasn’t the Melanie I knew.
Okay, maybe I’m over thinking a bit too much. Like always.

“And he’s 6’2.” Courtney giggled, whispering a little loudly in Melanie’s ear.

“I don’t care if he’s 6’2 or 6’4. Cut the crap. Stop it Courtney.” Melanie said annoyingly and stomped her bag down, pushing her slightly.

Courtney stepped back with her mouth agape, followed by shocked faces of every single person who heard her except for the front row students and the teachers. Thank God.

Melanie let out a deep sigh and picked up her bag, moving to her tent. Nobody even noticed her leave due to the crowd but I saw her storming into the tent.

“I thought you didn’t come.” Said a very familiar voice and completely caught me off guard.

“Uh, hi.” I forced a smile suddenly realizing it was James.

“Sorry to scare you, for the hundredth time.” He grinned.

“No, its okay. I actually didn’t perceive you.”

“Not much of a surprise.” He grinned. Okay, what was with all the grinning? Literally, half of our conversations start and end with his ‘grin’.

“What?”

“Well, I was standing beside you since Mr. Lee started to welcome us to this camp.” James said making it clear how unobservant I was all the time.

“Oh.”

I am such an idiot. Why didn’t I notice him then?

“So, uhm. You like this place?” I said spreading my hands in the air. Yeah, someone just give me an award for avoiding confrontations and changing subjects.

“Yeah, love it. I’m really looking forward to lots of events.” Okay, either he knows me so well that he just plays along or he’s dumb. The former felt right.

The thought of Melanie struck my mind all of a sudden, she needs me.

“I’ll see you later. I have a lot to unpack.” I alleged.

“Yeah, of course.” He said and turned to Conan who was standing behind him.

Either I was too blind to notice people who are standing right beside me now or they really just appear out of nowhere. Especially when it comes to James.

~~~

“Shut up.”

“But just look at him.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No, Courtney.”

“Fine.”  Courtney said abruptly as she stuffed the sandwich in her mouth.
Amanda was so good at handling her, maybe that’s what made them best friends. They literally balanced each other. Just like me and Melanie.

Speaking of, she was still nowhere to be found. And I too, considered giving her the space she wanted at the moment.

I still don’t know what’s wrong with her, considering she doesn’t keep much from me. I wanted to be there for her, but then again only after she was in the place to tell me herself.