The First Hogsmeade Trip

A/n: Please note that this chapter contains a scene where someone is drunk (with butterbeer), and I'm not entirely sure if I describe it accurately, as I have never been drunk before. I apologize if that is not completely correct.

      Two weeks later, we all bundle up warmly to head to Hogsmeade without Harry. He didn't have a form. Ron, Hermione and I promise to bring him back a bunch of things. Just as we're packing into the hall, I see a figure flit by down the hall. Draco. He motions for me to follow.

          "I'm gonna go to the bathroom quick, you two. I'll be right back," I tell Ron and Hermione.
          I glance around to make sure Fred isn't there, then steal off down the corridor. Nearer to the end, Draco waits, leaning on the wall and looking nervous. He gives me a smile when he sees me, and when I catch up, he takes a deep breath.
          "Hi Rory," he says.
          "Hi. Why did you want me to come down here?" I ask.
          "I wanted to get away from people so I could talk to you. You knowable, so Fred wouldn't go berserk," Draco says.
          My lips twitch into a smile, and he grins back. His hands twist in the sleeves of his jacket. His blue eyes raise to meet mine.
          "D'you . . . well, if we go when Fred's not there . . . d'you want to umm, go get a butterbeer with me?" he asks.
         "Oh, absolutely!" I say. "Well have to go in the back hidden though, so Fred doesn't catch us."
          "I'll meet you at the Hog's Head pub first thing, does that work for you?"
          "Yeah, definitely."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, umm, where are you guys going to be? I'm going to go to Hog's Head with Fred, if you all don't mind," I tell Ron and Hermione.
          "We'll come after and meet you there for another later on," Hermione says. "First we'll get Harry something from Honeydukes."

          "Okay, see you all later," I say, then head off.
          When I reach Hog's Head, Draco is already there, alone. He's waiting for me in the back of the room with a butterbeer at a table. I rush over, sending wary glances around me, and sit down quickly.
          "You haven't been waiting too long, have you? I'm so sorry, I couldn't get away from Ron and Mione," I rush, setting my bag down.
          "Only about three minutes," Draco says. "And there's no need to rush. I've already checked; Fred's going to Honeydukes, then Zonko's. I heard him telling George," Draco says.
          "Yeah, and then he wanted to have a butterbeer with me after I did with Ron and Mione," I say, sipping my frothy sweet drink. "Oooh, this is good!"
          "Be careful, I think you can get drunk on those," Draco laughs. I giggle.
          "I'll do that," I say, then snort with quiet laughter. "I can just imagine myself drunk. It would end badly!"
          "That it would," Draco agrees. "So you're still on the Gryffindor team, right?"
          "Yeah, still Chaser. We had practice yesterday," I say. "And you're still Seeker for Slytherin?"
          "No, for Hufflepuff," Draco says sarcastically.
         I nearly choke on my drink, then look up at him with laughing green eyes. He laughs himself, sparks dancing in his blue eyes. His pale skin is flushed with amusement, and I can't seem to look away. His muscled arms are visible from the sleeves of his white tee; he's leaning on his elbows on the table, his pointed chin resting in his hands as he gazes at me. And all I can do is stare back, smiling softly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Fifteen minutes, a hilarious conversation, and one butterbeer later, he excuses himself to go with Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle. I'm left flustered and blushing as Ron and Hermione take his place several minutes later, bringing with them another butterbeer for me and one for each of themselves.
          "Why are you blushing so hard, Rory?" Hermione asks, giving me a knowing look.
         I bat aside her comment by asking what they got at Honeydujes, but I have a feeling she knows I was with Draco and not Fred.