Dilemma at Diagon Alley

"Letters from school," Mrs Weasley says, passing Harry, Ron and I identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "You two've got them too," she adds as Fred and George amble into the kitchen, still in pajamas. I yawn and lean tiredly on Ron, the strap of my nightgown falling over my shoulder.
         "Alright, all of you, up! Get dressed; we're leaving for Diagon Alley in half an hour!" Mrs Weasley says. I run up to where I'm staying in Ginny's room and get dressed slowly. Then I walk down to the kitchen, where I wait with the twins by the fireplace. Fred flirts with me the entire time, until Mrs Weasley bustles in.
          "Enough, Fred, give the poor girl some space," she says. "Alright, everyone, gather round, gather round. Here, Harry, you to first. Take some Floo powder."
          "Mrs Weasley, he's never used Floo before," I say, "have Ron demonstrate."
          "Of course, of course. Ron, you go first," she says. Ron explains how to use it, then throws the powder into the fireplace and says, "Diagon Alley!"
​​​​​​          A green fire roars around him and he dissapears.
          Harry goes next, but he mispronounces the words. The George goes, then its my turn. I gulp, turning pale.
          "Rory, dear, would you like me to send you with Fred? I know you don't like Floo," she says. I nod, and she shoves Fred at me, who looks delighted. "Alright, you two, hold on tight! On three: one - two - "
          At the last second, I snatch up and shove my glasses in my pocket. Then a huge green fire erupts around us. We start to spin, faster and faster, but I feel myself slipping away from Fred. I shriek as I lose grip on him. I come skidding out of a fireplace and nearly hit someone.
          "Rory!?" the someone asks in shock. It's Draco Malfoy.
          I feel around for my glasses in my pocket. Finding them, I put them on, and my vision comes into focus. Draco kneels over me, his blue eyes concerned.
          "Draco?" I ask. "What are you doing here?"
          "I would ask you the same thing," he replies. My eyes sweep around the shop. Its dark and dusty, with an odd assortment of things that look rather dangerous.
          "Where are we?" I demand.
          "Borgin and Burke's," he says. "How did you get here?"
          "Floor powder. I've never been good at it; I don't like it. I'm, well . . . lost," I say, then add, "What's Borgin and Burke's?"
          "It's in Knockturn Alley," he informs me, glancing around nervously. "Wait here, and stay hidden." He stands up and walks over to where his father stands. "Father, I'm going to go get my school books, will you meet me there?"
          "Yes, Draco, I'm talking. Just go," Mr. Malfoy says curtly. Draco walks back over to where I'm sitting on the floor and pulls me to my feet, whispering, "Come on, I'll show you the way out. Be quiet, we mustn't be seen by my father."
          The two of us steal out into the streets, where evil looking witches and wizards leer at us. Their spindly hands reach out to touch me, but Draco slaps them away.
          "This isn't a place for a young witch like you," he murmurs. "Let's see if I can find the way out . . . "
          Then someone grabs me and pulls me away from Draco. They grab my hand and make a point of looking at my scar, then eyeing me up and down.
         "My, my, my, what a pretty little specimen we've got here," the man growls.
          His face is really close to mine; he's missing some teeth, and his breath reeks of alcohol. Draco grabs me away and pulls me to him, saying angrily, "That's my girl, she's not a specimen. Get your dirty hands off her!"
          I turn bright red. He called me 'his girl.' I know he's probably just doing this to protect both of us, but my heart leaps anyways.
          "Act like we're a couple," he hisses in my ear. "Then the men should ignore you."
          I nod and kiss him on the cheek, acting like I'm thanking him. He grabs my hand and pulls me down a small alley and towards a sunnier street, which I recognise as Diagon Alley. I sigh in relief and let go of Draco.
          "Oh, my gosh, thank you so much. I don't think I would have ever gotten out if you weren't there," I say. "That was terrifying."
          "No problem. I would've been there a while if I didn't bring you back, so I figured I'd be nice," Draco says, his intense blue eyes locking with mine. I kiss him on the cheek, thanking him again. He blushes.
          "RORY!!" 
          I whip around to see Hermione sprinting towards me.
          "HERMIONE!!" I shriek, throwing my arms around her.
​​​​​​          "Where have you been? The Weasleys are looking for you, Fred is losing it - " she pauses when she sees Draco. "What is he doing here?"
          "I used Floo, but I accidentally ended up in Knockturn Alley rather than here. Draco was there with his father, and he brought me back here. He's actually nicer than you might think," I say. Hermione just gives me a quizzical look and pulls me off.
          "See you at Hogwarts, Draco!" I call.
          "See you at Hogwarts, Rory!" he responds.