The Minister of Magic

"Riddle must have gotten the wrong person!" Harry insists as we walk from the castle and through the courtyard.
          "Harry, we all think Hagrid is innocent, give it a rest," I say. "If you really want to know, we can go and ask him about it."
          "Oh yeah, that'd be a cheerful visit," Ron says sarcastically. "Hello, Hagrid! Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"
          "Mad 'n' hairy?" says an unmistakable deep voice. "You're not talkin' 'bout me, are yeh?"
          We all spin around, hiding gasps of shock. Luckily, Hermione saves us by quickly squealing, "Of course not Hagrid!"
         He gives us a grin that says he believes us and lumbers off. We all let out breaths we'd been holding and even relieved laughs that he didn't hear the first part. In the end, we decide not to confront him unless there is another attack.

~~~~~~~~~~

It has been nearly four months since Justin and Nick were attacked, and people seem to be warming up to Harry and I again. Peeves is tired of his song and Ernie MacMillan is being polite to us again.
​​​​​​          Its early March, and everyone is happy because Professor Sprout informs is that the mandrakes will be ready in a little over a month.
         The second years, however, have a lot to worry about over the Easter holidays. We have to choose our classes for next year, and Hermione is taking it very seriously, as is typical for her. She even frets over me, Ron, and Harry's schedules, and she won't even be the one doing them.
          "It could effect our entire future," Hermione says as she pours over a list of subjects, making checks next to certain ones.
          "I'm just going to take the same classes, plus Care of Magical Creatures," I say.
          "You're going to need to take more than that, Rory," Hermione says. "Oh, how am I supposed to decide!? I want to learn them all!"
          Neville seems to be taking a similar approach, but for a different reason. About eleven of his family members have been peppering him with letters advising which classes to take, and he can't decide.
         "How do I choose if one person says the class is brilliant and another says its horrible?" he demands, evidently to himself, but everyone hears and laughs, most in similar situations. I get a letter from Moony, but he just advises me to take the classes I want and not the ones my friends are in.
          I do anyways, adding Divination and Care of Magical Creatures. I figure friends in the classes will make me feel better if I'm horrible.
          Just then, Dean and Seamus come sprinting down the stairs, looking breathless. They stumble over to Harry, Ron, Hermione and I, Dean gasping, "Harry! Harry! Come here - you've got to see this - I don't know who did it!"
          We follow the pair up to the boys dormitories and into his and Ron's. Its a disaster. Harry's trunk has been ripped open, and its contents lay strewn and destroyed on the floor in a heap. The drawers of his cabinet have been torn out and their insides are tossed all over the bed, which has its sheets thrown on the ground.
          I press a hand to my mouth in shock. 
          "Who would've done it?" Ron demands as we help Harry pick up and repair his possessions.
          "It'd have to be a Gryffindor, no one else knows the passward," I say, repairing Harry's torn cloak with a quick spell and a wave of my wand.
          "But we don't know whether its a boy or a girl, or what year, or anything else!" Seamus says doubtfully.
          Harry's eyes suddenly go wide. He grabs my sleeve and pulls me down next to him and hisses in my ear, "Riddle's diary's gone."
          My glasses slip down my nose and my mouth opens. I push the frames back up and contact Ron with my pendant to tell him what happened.
          Ron! Riddle's diary's gone! Someone stole it!
          "​​​​​​What!?" Ron gasps out loud. 
          Harry jerks his head towards the door, and we all rush out to tell Hermione. She looks aghast when we inform her.
          "Who on earth would do such a thing!?"
          "Exactly," Harry and I say simultaneously.