It was tradition to have a senior member of the royal family present during a royal birth. This is to squash any unnecessary doubt and rumour in the unseeable future. It ensures a royal's birth remain incontestable.

"Hopefully it's the grand dowager that arrives because only her order can override his majesty's." Feriha whispers to Zoya as she shoots a glare in Hafez's direction.

Omeed's contractions were becoming more frequent as she groans. Feeling uncomfortable with Hafez's presence, she removes the folded piece of cloth Zoya had put in her mouth earlier to keep her from screaming out. "Hafez?" She pants hard. "I want you to leave as this isn't a place for men."

"I am not leaving you alone, I need to keep you in my line of sight to make sure no one hurts you." He says rubbing on her stomach tenderly. "And I don't care if the world laughs at me." Hafez finishes seriously leaving no more room for disagreements.

"I just do not want you to see me at my most vulnerable." Omeed adds weakly as another contraction hits her hard. "Please just leave me alone." She screeched out sending Hafez a furious glare. Still Hafez refused to bulge. He watched her like a tigress would watch it's cub.

"Perhaps you should leave your majesty." The dowager queen says from the door way trying to reason with Hafez. No one had heard her come inside. "I will make certain no harm comes to her." She calmly tries to reason with Hafez as Omeed's whimpers get louder.

"Allah!" A gasp broke out as the grand dowager queen appears. "What are you still doing in here grandson?" She ask exasperatedly. "You shouldn't be anywhere near this place. You must return to your pavilion at once." She says frantically.

"I will be fine Hafez. These are people I trust." Omeed interjects seeing the indecision in Hafez's eyes. She knew she was the only one who he'll listen to given the situation. "I promise to be alright my love."

Seeing the frankness in her countenance and word, with a twinge of sadness Hafez kisses Omeed's lip ignoring the ogling eyes that were on them. "Please be safe." He says with desperation clearly in his voice. "I will be just around the corner should you need me."

"I know. Now leave please." Omeed pleads, breathing through another contraction as Hafez makes his way outside.

Everyone sighed with relief as the tension in the air visibly cleared. "I am going to have to examine you down below." Feriha says to Omeed as she moves underneath the covers shielding what little modesty Omeed had left. At the same time the head midwife fumbled with Omeed's stomach.

Noticing the frown etch on the midwife's face, Omeed knew something wasn't right straight away. "What troubles you? Is my baby alright?" She ask in haste fearing the worse.

"It's just the size of your stomach your majesty, nothing to worry about." The midwife coos much to Omeed's relief.

"I did complain to her about it months ago. She had insisted that I ate too much." Omeed glared at Feriha. Who just snickers trying to make the mood as positive as possible.

"I am curious how you've managed to conceal this big stomach for such a long time my dear." The grand dowager states in amusement as she stares as Omeed's protruding stomach. She knew and understood Omeed must have had a good reason not to reveal her pregnancy.

Having spent most of her life in the palace, the grand dowager knew and understood the politics within the harem. She was married off to Hafez's grand father at a very young age. At the age of seven to be exact. Hence she knew precisely everything that went on in the Persian harem.

Frowning, Omeed pulled on the cloth that suspended both her hands in the air. "I think I prefer the birthing chair now." She moans. Feeling the overwhelming need to push as the midwives and Feriha encourages her along. Being on her back was proving to be uncomfortable.