Chapter 51

Not Edited

If Omeed thought she was going to make a grand exit after her grand entrance then she was mistaking. The pain she felt almost had her knees buckling under her weight safe for Hafez quick thinking to catch her before she fell to the floor.

With at least a thousand spectators from within and outside the palace who have originally come to welcome the king home, the murmuring was deafening as Zoya immediately shouted for Feriha to be summoned.

Sweeping Omeed into his arms, Hafez dashed towards the harem heading for Omeed's pavilion. "You will be fine my love, just hang in there." He pleads emotionally. For now all he could think about was getting Omeed to safety. Questions will be asked later.

Omeed bit hard on her bottom lip trying to control her pains as Amir barks out orders. "Fetch the palace midwives!" He orders a eunuch as he runs closely after Hafez.

"Yes, my--my lord." The eunuch replies in a stutter as he runs off. He was overwhelmed by all the chaos swirling around him.

Turning to a different eunuch, Amir orders once again. "Summon all the senior physicians to the queen's pavilion immediately!" Omeed's whimpers were seeming more frequent as they arrive in her pavilion.

"It hurts so much." She says biting her lips even harder this time drawing her blood. She was panting hard ignorant of the chaos going on around her. All Omeed could focus on was Hafez's steel like eyes and his calming voice as he murmurs sweet nothings to her.

"Prepare the birthing chair!" Zoya orders a maid as she clears out Omeed's bedchamber. Once again she was taking charge of the situation at hand before Feriha emerges. "Please lay her on the bed and leave us your majesty." Zoya says calmly as she turns to Hafez.

"I am not leaving her, even for a minute." Hafez replies in a deathly voice placing Omeed on her mattress as a harness with fabric is attached to the ceiling. "You will be fine my queen." He tries comforting Omeed. Zoya stiffened from the coldness his voice held.

"Clear everyone out of the room Zoya!" Feriha orders out of breath. She had been in the royal library preparing for her coming examinations when a maid informed her she was needed as the queen had gone into labour meaning Omeed's secret was finally out in the open.

Feriha had feared the worse as the ran back to her quarters grabbing her supply box. "Did you know her majesty was with a child?" The chief physician growled at Feriha when he saw her. He was livid her decision to keep it a secret could have very well hurt the unborn baby.

"Yes I knew my lord, but it was her majesty's wish to keep it a secret since her previous pregnancy hadn't gone as planned." Feriha blurted out as the elderly man ran next to her.

"Know this, you will be disciplined once this is over. Until then I am trusting you to make sure everything goes smoothly in there." He says stopping at the front on Omeed's pavilion where other physicians were already assembled.

"Yes my lord." Feriha bows her head as a sign of respect.

"If you need assistance of any kind be sure to ask for it!" The old man finishes as he sends Feriha on her way.

"Your majesty, you will need to leave us now as this is women work." Feriha reasons softly to an unmoving Hafez.

"I am staying and that's final." He growled without taking his eyes off Omeed as she writhe in agony.

"Has a senior member of the royal family arrived to witness the birth?" Feriha enquiries knowing she had no chance in sending Hafez outside the chamber.

"News of the impending arrival has been sent to the grand dowager and dowager queens pavilion. I would think they are on their way as we speak so should be arriving any moment." Zoya responds as she paces around putting things in order.