Chapter 38

Not Edited

It was a week to the much awaited Nikah between Omeed and Hafez. With Omeed and her servants already moved into her late father’s estate. Things have been hectic around her household due to Atash’s long absence.

As per custom, Omeed had to leave the safety of the palace and then escorted back as Hafez’s bride. Hafez however hated the idea of not seeing her until their conjugal night.

The morning before Omeed left the confines of the palace, Hafez held her close lamenting the torment that awaited them. “Although tradition states we cannot see each other, it doesn’t make mention of not writing one another.” Hafez pointed out with a vivid scowl on his face.

Chuckling Omeed replies. “If your majesty keeps this façade up, I fear you will tire of me very soon.”

“I will never tire of you Omeed, you are my everything and I have no intention of ever letting you go.” Hafez replied kissing her earlobe. “Believe me when I say this Omeed, there’s no me without you. Hence I worry when you are far away from me.”

“I can take care of myself Hafez, I have done that remarkably well for the last five years.” Omeed responded with a pout. “I am not quite the damsel you think I am, there are so much you don’t know about me.” She noticed Hafez roll his eyes at her words but brushed it off.

“Alright I want you to take care of yourself. I will have Amir check up on you frequently. And he’ll lead the royal guards on the day you are escorted back.” Before Omeed could argue with him, Hafez quickly added. “This is an order and it’s non-negotiable!”

“Here we go again, you always plays the royal order cards when trying to get your own way.” Murmurs a frustrated Omeed. Hafez knows since it’s a crime punishable by death for one to refuse an order from the king, Omeed has no choice but to do as he has ordered.

“There’s no point in scowling my love, I am doing this for both our sakes.” He tries consoling her. “Fret not, for after we are married we will never part again.” Hafez says seriously as he kisses her teasingly. Both their lips battling for dominance with Hafez winning.

“I love you so much.”  Omeed cried breathlessly gasping for a much needed air with her eyes glazed over with lust.

“As I love you.”  Hafez responded breathing heavily. “I cannot wait to make you my woman.” He says kissing her forehead lightly.

“I cannot wait to be your woman. Seven days suddenly feels a lifetime away.” Replies Omeed unashamedly.

Amir cleared his throat announcing his presence. Omeed and Hafez pulled apart abruptly. Once again they’ve been caught in a compromising position. With both in a thoroughly ravished state.

“Your majesty, the royal guards are here to escort her ladyship.” Amir says staring at his feet as he spoke. He was too embarrassed to look them in the eyes after catching them for perhaps the fifteenth time.

“Let them wait! I am talking to my bride.” Ordered Hafez as he looked at Omeed pointedly. He was afraid she’d disappear if he took his eyes off her. Memorizing her features once again, Hafez took in the curve of her lips. He yearned to kiss her passionately.

“Leave us Amir!”  Hafez says swiftly taking Omeed into his arms once again. There was no longer a point in acting prudish in Amir’s presence.

A flustered Amir quickly scurried off leaving the pair to continue where they had stopped. “Have you no shame Hafez?” Asked Omeed exasperatedly. She couldn’t fathom where his sudden bashfulness sprouted from.