richardstarkeys

AUTHOR: richardstarkeys

NAME: HALLE

STORIES INCLUDE: LOST IN THE MALL, FLOWERS, PINK VINYL, CURIOUS 

Answers are in italics.

Interviewer
How did you first get started with the Beatles?

Halle
I fell in love with the Beatles (this is already extra -- wow) when I was twelve. Sure, I'd been aware of the Beatles beforehand, but they were my parents' music. My mom told me stories of being no older than five and seeing the boys on Ed Sullivan, instantly falling in love with Ringo. However, my story isn't as exciting, I guess. I was on a trip to another state and my little dinky iPod (filled with Jonas Brothers and Michael Jackson's bops) decided to die on me in my time of need. I didn't want to be bored out of my mind (I was 12 and we all know how short their attention spans are), so I asked to borrow my dad's and I put it on shuffle. I'm Looking Through You started and I've been a Beatles fan ever since those first few notes.

Interviewer
Is there a member you identify with the most? And if so why?

Halle
There are things about each of them individually that I identify with, which I think is a big factor in my liking them. I think that I have the most in common with Ringo, though. He's so misunderstood and, sadly, overlooked. People see what they want to see in him and pass him off as being things like 'lackluster' and 'predictable.' Now, I'm not saying that I am up to Ringo's caliber, but I feel like I've always had a problem with making bad first impressions and, well, they say — you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Interviewer
Do you have a favorite ship?

Halle
Oh goodness, you have asked the wrong person that question. I ship literally everything. I think my favorite favorite ship would be John & Ringo. I started shipping them when I was just a wee young Beatles fan. Now, all of these other incredible people are finally realizing how amazing J/R is and are writing stories about them! Other honorable mentions are George and Olivia (so cute), John and Cynthia, John and Yoko, Paul and Linda, John and George, Ringo and George and Ringo and Paul. Wow. What a list.

Interviewer
What's your favorite album?

Halle
My favorite album. Wow, it's almost like picking kids (but totally not, because that's the only thing I can firmly say that I have a capital 'f' Favorite). Rubber Soul is just, wow. I'll probably say 'wow' many more times in this, because that's my initial reaction whenever I think about Rubber Soul. It's just such a pivotal moment in their career. I don't want to say that their earlier stuff wasn't good -- it was so good! -- it's just that I think that, if it hadn't been for Rubber Soul, we would have never gotten Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, etc. Besides, it was the first Beatles album I got on vinyl and ahh, the memories. I mean, think about it -- starting an album with 'Drive My Car?' What an iconic opening riff, and I'm not even saying iconic ironically (wow, those words look alike). 'In My Life' makes me sob like a little baby, even after seven years. 'If I Needed Someone' is probably the most bittersweet song I've ever heard. I could go down the tracklist and name little things about every single song on Rubber Soul that I like. I'm quite a picky person, and there are usually songs on every album that I don't particularly care for, but that's not the case with Rubber Soul. In my mind, it's perfection. God, I love this band so much. I want to cry.