Chapter 10: Trapped

Zelda's P.O.V

Truth be told I had no idea what I was doing. I was following my instincts, at least that's what I was telling myself. The sun was setting and soon Link would come to realize I had already gone on without him. 

I honestly felt guilty for leaving him behind, but deep down I knew this was for the best. Whatever was causing this poisonous mist had a great deal of evil power. I feared it would be the end of Ordon and all who lived there, perhaps this evil power would even expand towards the rest of Hyrule.

That could NOT happen. 

I had wandered off the path long ago. At this point I was blindly following the aura of power that I felt.  I couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching me. I was clearly not alone. 

Once the sun had finally fully set did the mist appear. It was thick and suffocating. I attempted to cover my nose and mouth with my sleeve. The mist was pungent and was clearly flowing from within the forest. 

I followed it deeper and deeper into the forest. Until my senses were beginning to dull. 

My vision began to blur and soon it became very difficult to breathe. I tried my best to keep going but it was not long before I hit the ground the world faded from view. 

When I awoke I was alone and shackled in a cage that dwindle above in the trees.