CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14:

Milliana.

There I was in my wedding dress on my wedding day. Everything was perfect: my dress, the bridesmaids dresses, food and, of course, the venue. After our date night, Rafael and I had been acting like we had when we first were together, long before the whole divorce. We were finally... normal.

Diana and Stephan arrived four days before and had been helping me calm my nerves. Even though it was the second time around, the jitters were still there. Nailah and my other friends were all dolled up and in there bridesmaid dresses, the groomsmen in their suits. The theme, or color code, of the wedding was rose gold and navy blue, but mostly rose gold.

The bridesmaids were wearing rose gold gowns and the groomsmen were in navy suits. I knew Rafael was in a three piece suit. My baby girl was wearing a cute pink frilly dress and looked so adorable. My nerves were all over the place and I couldn't help but feel nauseous. God, I wanted some doughnuts. I looked at myself in the mirror as I put on my earrings and put on my shoes. My makeup was light and had that rose gold look, and my hair was curled and in an updo. I was wearing my old wedding dress with a few simple changes for size. It was a simple white satin gown, yet breathtaking in every way. It was elegant and I loved it just as much now as I did before.

This was it. I was getting married to the love of my life... Again.
I peeked out the door to see Nailah and Isaac sitting down next to my Mum. My Dad flew in from his work in Denmark, for which I was very grateful. He wasn't exactly happy about Rafael and I's reunion. Thankfully, Nailah glanced back in time to see me looking and I mouthed for her to come back here.

When she arrived, I gave her a big hug. "What's wrong? Do you have cold feet? Because if you want you can back out." She said, making me laugh. I shook my head at her and replied, "No, I'm just nervous. Nailah I really love him, even after everything. Does that make me pathetic?"

"Milli, you are far from pathetic. In fact, you're one of the strongest women I know. You're re-marrying the man who broke your heart just for your daughter, and a mother who will do that deserves everything and anything. So if he makes you happy, there should be no further discussion. It's a win-win. Now, go get hitched." She said direct, sincere.

"Thank you so much Nai, can you call my Dad?" I asked and she nodded, giving one last kiss and hug before she left the room.

A few seconds after my Dad entered the room, my heart beat fast and my head felt dizzy.

"Mi vida, you look beautiful. But, Milliana, promise me that you will come to me if he ever hurts you and know that you can back out princesa." He joked yet the seriousness was there.

"Always Papa." I promised, giggling and hugging him tight. "Are you ready, Milliana?" He asked and I nodded, unable to speak now that the moment was here.

My Dad linked his arm with mine and I heard the music start to play. I took one last deep breath and gave him a nod to tell him I was ready. Slowly, we moved through the doorway and started to make our way towards where Rafael and the marriage official stood. I felt all of the eyes on me and from the front I saw Ariella babbling. A smile spread across my face and I carried on walking past everyone, hearing things like, 'Beautiful' or 'She looks amazing'.

Finally, I looked up at Rafael. I saw him starting to tear up and I started to tear up in return. It seemed like forever till I reached him. When my Dad handed me to him, I held onto Rafael tight and he squeezed my hands in response. "Take care of her son." My father demanded and Rafael nodded in return.