Amnesia

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish, we ever made

Amnesia- 5SOS

______________

The sun was setting over Central City while two young lovers were saying their final goodbye. They are on the pier overlooking Central City's coast. Their spot.

"Barry, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna leave. I can't leave you," The teenage girl wept, her hands shaking as she clutched his.

"I know and I don't want you to go either. But you have to. It won't be long then I'll come and get you," Barry replied with just as many tears as her and caressing her cheek to rub away her tears.

"I love you, Barry," she choked, placing her hand on top of his, the other reaching for his free hand.

"I love you too, Cait," he replied.

"Promise me that this isn't it. This isn't the end," she asked with a sense of need to assure her that their story hadn't ended.

"Of course, this isn't it. We said forever. We are far from over and nothing that could possibly happen on this earth will stop our future together," he reassured, chasing away all doubt in Caitlin's mind replacing it with hope. The simple words meant so much to her that she would keep them with her until the next time they meet.

"I'm not going until tomorrow. We can still have one last night together. I don't want this to end yet," she changed the subject, trying to force leaving out of her mind. And she knew exactly the perfect way to do that.

Barry didn't reply, instead, he just leant in to kiss her, which she immediately responded to with as much passion and love and she could possibly muster in this moment, knowing this could be one of the last kisses they could share for a long time. 

They weren't sure how long they stayed tangled in their kiss and each other but it must have been a great amount of time as soon rain clouds formed and rain started to fall on them at an alarming rate. They both laughed as they were getting soaked by the storm. Quickly, they grabbed each other's hands and ran across the pier to get back to Barry's car as fast as possible.

Merely minutes later, they were back at his parents' house, more specifically his room. Their wet clothes abandoned on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, they woke to the sound of Caitlin's phone. It's ringtone alerting the two eighteen-year-olds that their time together was finished. 

Tired from lack of sleep, Caitlin opened her eyes and reached for her phone on the bedside table without moving from the cuddling position she and Barry were currently in. She looked at the caller ID and sighed as she saw who was calling her.

Her Mom

Right now, her mother or father was the last people Caitlin wanted to speak to. Because they were the reason she had to leave.

Caitlin had lived in Central City her whole life with her parents. She'd always been studious and often too serious for her own good. And especially uptight. But that all changed when she went to high school...

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

It was a dreary morning in the usually sunny Central City and this particular day happened to be Caitlin Snow's first day at high school. Something about being a freshman at a new school excited her. She couldn't wait to do all different classes and meet her new teachers and get to know her new environment.