Chapter 8

Reveena's POV

Sleeping with Casey was absolute heaven. It felt good and tingles ran up my body all night. It made me feel content and warm inside. And for once, my past didn't haunt me in my sleep. I wasn't waking up with a headache because of what happened over at least 10 years ago.

Waking up I realized I had someone to find today. Damn just when I thought I'd be able to get to know Casey better. It made me kind of sad because we've never really had time to ourselves. Despite her being my mate, I know nothing about her.

On top of that I had to help Larissa and Erica get their story together. As of right now their parents and friends think their on a romantic getaway. But what about after? I was just ready to runaway from it all.

I worked on untangled myself from Casey's grip. Damn, baby girl had muscles. I finally untangled myself and went to the bathroom. I took off the bit of clothes I had on. I had to admit I only wore that to be a tease. Just to get back at her for what she said in the car. It was quite amusing.

I turned on the water and let it caress my body. The hot water soothed my aching muscles. The shower let me have time to myself. Let me have time to think. Speaking of thinking, why was Casey so strong. She never told me what she did. Did she even have a job? I rolled my eyes and told myself to stop worrying. She probably just worked out. For some reason I don't think that's it Storm said. I ignored her comment and finished my shower.

I stepped out, dried off, and put on my usual attire. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and quickly made my way to my office for a sticky note. I jotted down as discreetly as possible where I was going and how long I'd be gone. I went back to my room and saw Casey still sleeping soundly in my bed.

Quietly, I placed a chastised kissed on her forehead. I heard her murmur "Reveena" and stir a bit but she didn't wake up. I smiled to myself. She was dreaming about me. I stuck the sticky note on the door and left.

I took my Honda Civic and pulled out of the driveway.

Veronica Gray. 27 years old long black hair, green eyes. She is a mix of vampire and fairy. Aka a breed. Ooh my wolf got excited. Finally someone who would put up a fight. This is going to be fun.

Most definitely. She works at a gay bar the next town over. I swear if any women hit on me I will put them on my hit list. No pun intended. The drive was a good hour away so I rolled down the window and turned on classical music. It soothed me. My favorite classical instrument was the piano. I love Beethoven.

---
An hour later I pulled up to the town. It had an dreary look to it since it was a raining. It didn't take me long to find the bar. The town was pretty small and there were only two in town. I'm pretty sure your can figure out why.

In multiple neon colors the sign flashed Rock Your World. Dear Goddess what am I walking into. I decided to just stand in line and wait this time. It wasn't too long before I got to the front.

"ID please" the security asked in gruff voice. I flashed it out and he opened the rope and ushered me in. What I saw was beyond any of my wildest dreams.

The place was very colorful. I'm talking all the colors of the rainbow and more. There were girls kissing girls and guys flirting with guys. Sweaty, grinding bodies on the dance floor. The music racked through my body like an earthquake. This was a place where everyone could be themselves. A place where you don't have to worry about everybody and there moms trying to criticize you.

I walked over to the bar and found an open seat. I searched the bar but no one was there. I say patiently waiting. Not. I was shaking my thigh and tapping my nails on the bar. Oh shit, someone who thinks they can be a potential is approaching.

"Is this seat taken" a lady asked. I looked up towards her. She was beautiful but not my type and my type was Casey. Yes "No" I responded.

My wolf was definitely on one now. On top of not seeing Veronica now this lady is hitting on me. Dear Goddess let me stay in control of my body. "What is a beautiful lady like yourself doing here alone? Especially in a place like this. Everyone will think you're fair game."

I looked at her and she smiled. I leaned in and said "They can think that. Just let them know I'm leaving the same way I came in. Alone" I whispered the last part. I knew I got to her because her face turned beat red.

"Hello, sorry I wasn't here. What can I get you ladies" I heard Veronica's voice behind me. I smiled time for some roleplay. Its about time. I turned around and I could of sworn her face went pale. "Hey V. Mom said your shift ends in about" I took a look at my watch "2 minutes so she sent me to get you. She wants to do stuff as a family. We've been really disconnected since dad died. Plus this lady next to me is hitting on me. And you know how I feel about people who hit on me" I said in a sisterly voice.

She nodded stiffly before taking off her apron and wiping the counter. The one and only reason I didn't kill her point blank was because I wanted to have fun. I haven't had a real fight in...forever. She better fight me too. Or I'll make her.

I followed her out the back door into an alley. You know I get tired of killing people in alleys Storm said to me. I nodded in agreement. At my temporary distraction Veronica turned around and through a fireball a me.

I caught it as quickly as it came and crushed it in my hand. "Got to be quicker than that" I told her. It didn't stop her. She through spell after spell that I either dodged or destroyed. The alley way was a mess by now.

I got tired of playing and just went straight for her. I punched her in the face. She went flying back and shifted into a black wolf. She immediately started growling and snarling before charging at me. She was determined not to die.

She open her jaws and went for my torso. I flipped over her, grabbed her tail, and flung her backwards. She went down with a large crash and started whining. I walked to her and bent down to eye level. I pulled out a dagger and raised it above her. I was ready to plunge it into her skull before I felt a sharp pain go through my stomach.

She racked her claws through my fucking stomach. The wound was deep. I stabbed her in the head continuously. That wasn't me though. It was Storm. She had a lot of pent up anger and just took it out. Veronica Gray, another nave crossed off the list.

I held my stomach and struggled to get to my car. I had to stay awake. I finally just decided to shift. I would have a better chance of staying awake and getting home. To bad or was the afternoon and the sun was high in the sky.

That meant I had to stay in dark places and out of the light. I didn't have time for curious eyes.

---

I made it back to my house in 30 minutes. I was honestly surprised I held up this long. I walked up the porch steps and clawed at the door. I fell to my down my breathing ragged.

I took a few struggled deep breaths before I was greeted by an old friend. Darkness.

"What the hell"