c h a p t e r ; 0 5

A few days later 

"Howard!!!" I was stomping though his house trying to find Howard, he forgot to tell me about a machine needing to be built in less then a week, the machine was not going to be easy it needed stabilisers and a cooling down switch, it didn't sound like much when he told me, he then went on giving me the list of everything needed in the blueprint. To make me crankier he got Jarvis to tell me it needs to be done under 24 hours. You could say I was beyond reason to spare his ears, I told Jarvis to take his wife to lunch, not wanting them to hear this argument.

I hear a tool being dropped and I know exactly where he is, I rush to his office to see him fixing up his radio. "Howard" I had my hands to my hips, I shut the door. I see Howard put down his tools and sit at his desk, I walk over to his desk and though her is the blueprint.

"You draw the blueprint; I will find a way to make the chemical solution stay in tack" he was shocked, "this is my-" I smirked and pressed one of my fingers on his lips. "then draw up the blue print."

I leave walking to my own office, many say I am the sectary of Howards business, that was partly true. I did make sure everything is easier for Howard, apart from I do make decision as well, if I believe Howard would approve of, sometimes not. I find my red lip stick and applied it to have the phone go off, I pick it up to be someone I wasn't familiar with.

"Miss Lorenz speaking from Stark industrials, how can I help you?"

There was an extensive pause until she heard the voice of the man.

"Oh hello dear, its Doctor Abraham Erskine. I am the one who asked for the machinery to be built. The chemical solu-"

I interrupted him, I didn't need to be told by a man what to do with chemicals, be the leader of chemical science I knew what I was doing. I was told I was great at knitting; I was told I was as good with chemicals then knitting needles.

"Don't worry, Mr Stark is creating the machinery while I handle the chemical solution from the machine to your chosen subject. If you wish we can talk over lunch?"

"I would like that Miss Lorenz; I will get you picked up at Stark Industrials New York?"

I excepted and finished the rest of the callers on hold, many being news agency seeing who was Starks newest lover - I declined all their calls. Many of the calls was the army checking on the guns and what we will be designing next. Friends called, Jarvis called to check if it was the all clear to come back. I looked at the time, five to eleven. I walk to Howards office to see him blueprinting the design, I walked towards the desk and leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"What do you want Ana?" he questions. I laughed and sat on the desk, he always knows when I want something without him getting cranky. Jarvis calls our relationship 'the living hell', we either agree to disagree to the army, we fight or we raise hell to one another. Many would say it wasn't a healthy relationship, many would say 'why are we together?'. Quoting Jarvis two weeks ago, 'living hell, must include life and happiness to the soul', I don't fully understand his gibberish but he said though our hell we are kind?

"I'm going to lunch with Doctor Erskine" I watch Howard raise his head, "Like hell you are" I rolled my eyes at him, "Would you like to come?" he nodded hastily. I told him to get ready, telling him he will be here after twelve. "where something nice," I watch his smirk "please" I walk out to find an outfit of my own. I walk into my room, after a series of stairs.

I find a navy shirt dress, I slipped on black heels and reapplied red lip stick on, I curled my hair slightly and walked out to see Howard in a suit. He was trying to get me cranky. "Howard I said something nice, not formal." I take off his jacket and threw it on my bed, "that much better"

I walk with Howard down the stairs, looking at my feet to make sure I don't end up tripping down – better be careful. I walk towards where my knitting was once placed. I sit down and start knitting to have Howard shocked, he knew I liked knitting but he hasn't really seen me knit before, I usually do it in privet or I have no time to do. He raised an eyebrow as I started knitting a scarf. The bell rang and Howard got it as I finished knitting apart of the scarf, I placed the knitting down and walked to the door to be greeted to Doctor Erskine.

"Hello Doctor, Is Mr Stark allowed to join us to lunch?" I looked at the Doctor, he smiled. "Well of course, I was going to ask myself." I smiled, the doctor, Howard and I at a lunch talking about a serum to end the war. Honestly the world couldn't have found a better group to create a comedy.

I sit in the car while I listen to Howard and the Doctor talk war, I like to be involved with such conversation but after awhile it gets irritating. The place of lunch, was the same I had for dinner with my friends, I smile as the car stops. We get out and we order lunch, not many people were here. We got straight to business.

"I believe Mr Stark is capable to create the machinery but do I need to send someone from my team to help with the se-" I watch Howard interrupt. "No no no no, that will not be necessary. Ana, hear, is quite talented with chemicals herself. We will have no problems" I looked up to see the both of them staring at me. "Oh yes, I can. I just need to know one of the chemical elements" he nodded. He passed me the piece of paper, "Open it when your alone" I nodded.

The food arrived, we all started talking about the progress and who the Doctor is choosing, "Steven Rogers, many health conditions, not a muscular man or a powerful man." I looked at him strangely, so did Howard. "A strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for the power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion."

"Sorry to say, Ana and myself need to start on the blueprinting and creation of this machinery. We will see you in less then a week"

We exit the restaurant after paying, I see Jarvis with his car, I shake my head and smile. I look at Howard to see him smirk.