c h a p t e r ; 0 8

After admitting she didn't only like Howard's cooties but loved them, Colleen has been asking questions non stop. It didn't bother Ana as she just ignored her, although it was far harder when Howard was also nagging her about it, she did threaten him to shoot him if he didn't shut up. 

When Ana first injected Colleen with the serum she nearly has a melt down from the sight of the needle, it was no design to look friendly and it just caused Ana chasing after her in heels down the stairs. Colleen kept on running away from Ana making it impossible for her to inject the serum in her arm, she was always trying bribe Colleen just to sit still and it will just be a quick stab in and then out. it made things worse. Colleen finally came to her sense but every injection came at a price of answering 5 of her questions truthfully, this is where she couldn't ignore the questions.

Day 7 of the trial of the serum as an injection and Colleen started getting more curious in the quarantine she was in, always questioning why Howard decided to chose a rose red colour scheme when it was obvious a better choice was raspberry red or when she decided to change her entire office as Ana was too busy working with Howard on the machine built for Steve. Ana didn't mind, as long as her father and mother portrait stayed in the same place.

Ana walked up the stairs to the quarantine area and found Colleen attempting to do a handstand, Ana and her scientific self clashed. Ana wanted to laugh and encourage her but the scientific side was she didn't know the outcome of injury during the experiment. It respects to her boredom she decided it would be okay for her to continue.

"Colleen, enjoying yourself?" questioned Ana

"wha -ow!" 

Colleen fell to the ground, Ana ran over to check for injury to see a scratch on her arm, it was more then a scratch it was bleeding quickly. Ana's mind exploded, how did a simple fall turn to a massive cut on her arm, her two selfs clashed, she wanted to yell for the doctor but then again the scientific side wanted to see how her body reacted. Her mind didn't get to chose as she yelled for Howard to get a doctor.

Howard heard as he was waiting for Ana to yell at him for leaving one of his socks on the floor but the shock of needing a doctor got him running to find a doctor is one of the other rooms of the secret underground building. The doctor asked why he was needed he just said Ana yelled, the doctor seemed to understand what was going on which confused him greatly, was Ana is some pain? did she hurt herself? He felt like he needed to pull his eyes out, he couldn't go up there as he wasn't verified to be up in the quarantine area. The doctor run up the stairs, he heard Ana yell at him, he sat down waiting for someone to tell him what was going on.

The doctor arrived and he saw the cut on Colleen's arm grow bigger, it was something completely unheard of, although it was a variable in her research and it had a massive impact on her experiment. The doctor just stood there gapping at Colleen's arm growing bigger by the second. "Don't just stand there!" Ana yelled "Do something!" The doctor got the idea and started looking at the cut, he muttered some things and then got out a needle.

"What is in there!" Ana yelled

"It is one of my own creations to stop bleeding, then if i was to stitch up the cut it will only leave a scar"

Ana looked at the now unconscious Colleen and decided it was better for her to stop bleeding and screw up the experiment then let her die because she was to selfish to let the doctor save her. "What can i do to help?"

"Miss Lorenz you will need  to hold her still, i will need to inject this multiply times and then stitch it up together, you will need to hold her skin closely together"

Ana nodded and pulled Colleen onto her lap and help her tightly as he inject her with the needle, Colleen woke up and tried to get away from the needle but Ana was holding her too tightly, she started crying complaining the needle was hurting, she was screaming and trashing around in pain. Ana had to shut her eyes to not cry, she was like a younger sister or even a daughter to her. She knew her for only over a week and she had already made her completely responsible for everything, as if this was Colleen telling her without realising she has gone to long without her family and she needs more. The doctor kept on injecting the needle in her arm, he had to sit on her legs to keep her from kicking him, she was pledging him to stop injecting her. The doctor tried to calm her down talking about the terrible colour scheme of the room, it only made her stop screaming and she started whimpering.

"Miss Lorenz, i need you to push the skin as close as they can go, you get what i am saying" 

Ana nodded and pushed the skin together, any extra blood was flowing as the doctor was stitching it up very slowly, Ana kept on apologising to Colleen and telling her after this she doesn't need to continue the experiment that she can hate on her and leave, Ana was crying now, the screams started again and when he finished Colleen could not scream, she could not talk, she was too tired and it hurts Ana to see her in this state. The Doctor told Ana he was getting a stretcher, Ana and Colleen was left alone.

"You are very strong colleen, stronger then many. Keep being strong and you might just be as tall and strong as Lady Liberty"