c h a p t e r ; 0 4

At the Expedition

"no no no no, there needs to be only three shades of green, why on earth did you do four?!?" I shouted.

The noise of heels walking was only the slight noise at the expo, there was many men getting their inventions ready. Howard was still working on his master project and Jarvis had the day off leaving me to run around the place. Again. I was put in charge of getting everyone ready an hour before the expo starts, at this rate it will be five minutes.

It felt like hours until Howard turned up with a massive truck, his master piece must be in it, I walked over to him and glared at him. He smirked, I walked away.

"Wait, Ana, wait up!" he yelled, getting half of the work men watching in suspicion. He catches up to me, "Ana, sorry got a bit held up. Why don't I direct everyone and you get ready, your dress is in the truck?" I nod in frustration; he possibly couldn't come anytime earlier? I was tired from yelling; I am surprised I still have a mind from the insanity the work men are creating.

I walk over to the truck and grab the box and walk towards the dress room, I watch the dance girls – or that is what I call them. Rush outside giggling, must of realise Howard was here. I walk into Howard's dress room as I know he wont be hear anytime soon and if he is I can then yell at him for not working. I open the lid to see a deathly black dress how beautiful, I walk over to the door and close it. I undress myself and slip into the dress, half-way though Howard came in.

"Out!" I yelled, I heard the door slam shut quicker then he could yell 'Ana'

I look into the mirror, god I do not know why Howard needs a mirror that size, it is pretty much an entire wall. Could his ego get any bigger? I see the dress has a strap, the dress has had gems to the 'V' and the dress sticks tight to my waist and pleated skirt that started at the top of my hip to just below my hips. Howard has great taste, must be all the woman he had 'stayed' with.

I fix my hair into a rolled up bun, a classic to my father's opinion. I walk out of Howard's dress room and walked over to the make up area to see a brunette and a blonde getting there make up on, I rolled my eyes and grabbed the make up and walked back into Howard's dress room to see Howard was getting change, I was about to leave when Howard insisted I use the mirror in there and he will get changed in the corner. I laughed but agreed.

I laid make up on top of make up, I don't use it to project my facial imagery or to cover up stuff, I simple add more make up due to I need to make the company good and what is better but to seem like a brain washed women? I really need to stop being rude about them, my aunt is one.

"Why so much make up?" Howard asked as he pulled up his black pants, I stay looking in the mirror applying red lip stick. "I thought you liked it," I shot back at him "the time, Howard" as I puckered my lips and turned around to see Howard failing at tying his tie. "eight-o-fifty-seven"

I walk over to his and fix up his tie, "grammatically that is eight fifty-seven"

He laughed and tried to kiss me what I pushed him back, "not happening" I swore I heard him mumble 'yet'

I heard a door knock and Jarvis telling the show is about to start, the curtains where about to open. I grab him by the side and place a hat on his head and whisper in his ear, "I hope it hovers" he stands there mouth open. "Jarvis tells anything if you have the rights things to bride with"

We walk out of the dress room and I enter the stage as the curtains roll on to hear claps and many wolf whistles. The crowd was buzzing with people, I looked over at the car, I was told it was going to hover but I didn't know what it would look like. It was stunning, I watched the four girls file out in a line all at the corners of the car. I took a deep breath and started talking.

"Thank you all for coming to this expedition, as everyone at Stark Industrials would like to welcome Howard Stark"

Howard walked over to me, his cocky smile permanently on his mouth, he went right at me and kissed me on the lips, that sneak. I got out my handkerchief and whipped the red stain from his mouth and whispered 'Cheat' I watched as Howard entertained the audience ever so well.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all" I watch the female helpers take the wheels off, I walk over and take Howard's hat off. "Yes. Thanks, Ana. With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." I watch Howard pull some levers and the car starts to hover, I move my hand to my mouth. Howard did it. The hover car started to wobble and it fell back onto the stage, a malfunction. I looked over at Howard and he just brushes it off with "I did say a few years, didn't I?" such a social person.

We all walk off stage and slapped Howard across the face, making many of the stage crew gasp, well apart from Jarvis. Jarvis told them all this happens when Howard does something utterly disappointing, in making her reputation terrible. I whisper in his ear, "Thanks to you I will now have an army of wife's trying to get information from there husbands" He laughed and we both walked into Howard's dress room and locked it. We sit down eating fries and drinking water, I worked non stop and Howard was being him all day.

Where was the time to eat?