Ch.4 Bad First Days

Mist runs into the forest. Not even bothering about the noise she's making.
"We split up. Since your new Raven you'll show your skills by taking Claw and Flower north at catch prey. Return at camp before the moon comes out" She orders.
I'm not used to getting orders, but I obey and trot North followed by Claw and Flower
"Stay quite, if u scent something tell me" I whisper not trying to sound commanding.
We walk for quite awhile before we pick up the scent of rabbits, I sniff the air again. There's three rabbits and three of us this should be easy... Claw had already eyed up the closest rabbit it had dirty white fur. I looked my eyes on a plump brown rabbit and Flower had already silently taken down a slim white rabbit with a dirty stomach and black patched tail. Me and Claw pounce at the same time like we had rehearsed it, I got my kill and he got his kill. I tried to keep a straight face but it felt like I was a pup that just killed prey for the first time. We pick up our catches they start heading home.
"We're not don't yet. I want to prove myself to the pack! We still have time left before we have to return in fact I scent moles just south of here" I announce
Claw snorts and follows me, Flower did the same trying to fit in. Soon we arrive at the scent but most of them had scurried under ground we leap out of the bushes two dash for their dens but are cut of Flower at the entrance they turn around only to be meet by doom, me and Claws jaws. The moles weren't as large as I would've liked but every morsel count, in our life long game of Survival. We walk back to camp, the moon had just risen we were just in time. We drop our prey at the circle and sit down. Only then I realised I felt starving it even showed on my body. Soon Alpha and the rest of the pack joined us Mist and her group got five regular sized rabbits. Who won our undeclared battle? Alpha steps forward and takes his share so does everyone until me. I take a whole rabbit to share with Grey and Rose. They are looking so big, my pups are growing so fast even though Rose is more like my breed she is gaining her fathers height. Grey isn't far behind I have no idea what breed he is. Soon they will be having there own prey and accompanying me or the boarder dogs. Silvers been sticking beside me and Bronze I don't think the others have excepted that wolves live with them. I turn to the pups again there play fighting I need to teach them how to fight properly and I know who's going to help me.
"Can you meet me at my sleeping spot beside the cabin when your done?" I ask
"Sure?, everything ok?" He replies
I just walk to the spot wagging my tail followed by my pups, I had already told them. I sit down. Silver trots over like asked him.
"Tomorrow morning can you please help me teach my pups combat" I question
He tags his tail it thumps the ground like a bat
"Yea" he answers
I curl up and stare at the stars, he looks worryingly at me like it was the day after the battle. I don't make eye contact with him as I stare at the ground then close my eyes and fall asleep.
A sharp pain strikes across my side I yelp alerting the others. Someone from our pack pulls my pups away another sharp blow hits me I fling up, its a bear. Bloods dripping down from my side I swipe my claws at it and don't miss it swings again I brace myself for the impact but it's cut of by a large dark figure. I sniff the air, Alpha! He's saving me another figure flys at it then another and another and till the beast is struggling to stand, then breathe. But so am I. I'm laying near lifeless on the grass gasping for air and rapidly losing blood. Many dogs are trying to stop the blood a large soft leaf(blanket) is put on my side to stop the blood. It does little to help but it does. I'm fading in and out of unconsciousness.
I hear Silver pleading for me to wake up.
My pups are crying.
Tears roll down my cheeks.
I slightly open my eyes then shut them to give them a sign of hope.
I start breathing a little better. My wound has stopped bleeding for now.
I open my eyes.
Silver is laying beside me asleep so are my pups I twitch my paw. Even that sends pain throughout my badly I could help but yelp. Silver spins around his face lights up so do my pups. How are they happy? I'm in pain.
"What--" I choke
Blood spits out
"Shh... Your ok Raven, the Bears gone and your pups are ok" he comforts
I close my eyes, even shutting my eyes hurt. I'm thirsty.
"How long--" I whisper
No blood this time
"You've been asleep for over a day" he whimpers
I'm shocked, obviously it showed because he whined. I lick my lips to show I'm thirsty.
He shifts my head I'm facing water in a wooden container.(bowl) I raise my head and lap up most of the water my head falls back to the ground. That used all my energy. I look at my pups then at silver then fall back into unconsciousness.

-Cheek out my friend AliceEvans224s book The Stone Girl,
                                         Happy reading!
(Name Clue) Kita is apart of my real name