"Oh! Emi are you feeling better? Kaname and I were worried!" Ichijou asked with a worried smile and walked up to me. Kaname also gave me a concerned look. I blushed in embarrassment, remembering earlier.   I turned my body and faced them. "Y-Yes. Forgive me for worrying you." I gave a small bow as I apologized. Ichijou smiled. 

"It's nothing for you to apologize for."

I stood up straight and gave a smile,

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Emi." Kaname gave me a warm, gentle smile. I felt my face heat up a bit and I gave a smile back. "Sorry for worrying you, Kaname." I could tell he looked a bit frustrated from what I heard about earlier. "Alright, I'm going to get some rest. Good night!" He said as he walked up the staircase and disappeared into the dark second floor, leaving me and Kaname alone. Kaname walked up the steps, stood next to me and looked over to me. 

"Emi, come with me." His words made me tense up. I nodded my head and followed him up the stairs as he leads me to his study.

----------------------------

The large door made a small creak as it opened to Kaname's study and
Kaname then lead me inside. The light was dim and the red curtain was slightly open, letting the moonlight pouring through the small opening.

"Please, sit." He spoke, breaking the silence. I walked towards the couch, that stood in the middle of the room, and sat down, waiting for Kaname. But instead of sitting next to me, he left for his room.
'He must be changing?' I thought as I stared at his bedroom door.
I sighed, leaned back, closed my eyes and waited for him.
------------------------------

"Emi...Emi!"

I groaned and opened my eyes to see who had woken me.

There stood Tama.

"Wakey Wakey, sleepy-head!" He said with a grin and ruffled my brown hair. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and took in my surrounding. I was in a large room with many bookcases filled with books. I was laying on a green love seat that against the wall.

"Tama...?" I said in a sleepy voice.
Then I heard someone enter the room. We both glanced at the door to see mother.
"So this is where you've been all day, Emi." She smiled warmly and walked to the love seat and sat down next to me.
"Seems like she's been reading that book Kaname let her borrow." He chuckled, seeing the novel I had on my lap.
"Yeah! It was really good!" I smiled and held the book close to me.
"That was kind of Lord Kaname." Mother giggled. Through the open door, there was a quick movement down the hall.
"Carla dear, do you happen to know where my jacket is? I'm late for a meeting." My father appeared in the doorway with a rush. He had on a white collared shirt with his tie hanging loosely.
My mother looked over to my father with surprise. 

"Eeeh? Did you misplace it again? It's freezing outside!" She stood up and went to fix his tie. Tama chuckled at mother and father.

Then, mother turned to me and Tama.
"Lord Haruka will be picking up your father and leaving Lord Kaname here with us for a little while. Be sure to return his book, Emi." She smiles.
"Kaname is coming over? Awesome!" Tama had a goofy grin on his face.

-------------------

I jolted awake, feeling someone gently stroke my hair.
I opened my eyes and noticed I was laying on my side and resting my head on the cushioned armrest. My gaze met Kaname's, who was sitting next to me and moving my bangs away from my hazel eyes. He was wearing his black collar long-sleeved shirt which a few of the buttons were left unbuttoned and he was still in his uniform pants.
"Sorry, did I wake you?" His gentle voice broke the silence.
"Mm, no..." I spoke in a quiet and tired voice and closed my eyes. His hands didn't stop moving and continued to brush my wavy hair with his fingers. He gave a small chuckle in reply.
"Just now...I was having a dream of the past. I was overcome with a nostalgic feeling...." I opened my eyes slightly and glanced at him. His eyes softened and he kept his eyes on me. I sat up and sighed.
"This is the first time in so long I had a good dream about my family..." I smiled, a bit sad.
His fingers slid through my strands of wavy hair until it fell from his fingertips. 

" Emi..." Kaname spoke up. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. 

"I keep wondering though... was it the right decision to come to this Academy...?" I gave a small smile.
"We would have never met, then..." he whispered as I felt him get closer. I open my eyes in surprise.
"I would have never known that you were still alive...." His arms slid around my waist and his face got closer to my neck.

"Kana-"

"Each day, I would continue to believe that monster had devoured you... and that I couldn't save you..." His breath tickled my neck.
My heart was pounding like crazy.

Then I felt his warm tongue glaze across my neck.
I gasped quietly as I felt his fangs graze my skin, then pierce it.
I bit my lip from the sudden sting and gripped the back of his shirt.

"K-Kaname..." I managed to whisper.
I listened to him drink my blood and I blushed slightly as he pulled me closer and his fingers entangled in my hair to keep my head tilted. He tried to be gentle.

He pulled away and caught his breath as he licked the remainder of my blood off his lips and his eyes glowed red.
I blushed and gazed into his glowing red eyes.
"Forgive me... I lost control over myself." He finally spoke as his eyes softened and went back to normal.
I placed my hand lightly on his cheek.

"I know you're trying to get your mind off of what happened earlier so don't worry, Kaname...." I spoke gently as I felt my wound close. His eyes widen slightly.
"Emi..." he said gently as he grabbed my hand and held it close against his cheek.
"Kaname... if you ever need someone to talk to... I'm right here. You don't have to hide it." I spoke, not averting my gaze.
He closed his eyes and sighed slightly.
"Thank you, Emi... You must be tired. Please. Go get some rest."

I gave him a warm smile and pulled my hand away. I stood up from the red love seat and made my way to the door.
The door creaked open and I glanced back and smiled.
"Good night, Kaname..."
Those were the last words I spoke that night.

'Coming to this Academy...wasn't a mistake...'