"He claims he only did it to scare the Jenkins, so they'd stop asking questions."

"The fire and the accident was a scare tactic?"

"He said he didn't have anything to do with either of them. He even gave me an alibi's to prove it wasn't him."

"Have you checked them yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Did he say why he decided to confess?"

"He said that he felt bad for doing what he did to the family."

"He came in and confessed just like that?" she questions suspiciously.

"I thought he was lying too until he started telling me specific details about the doll, the cross, and the rock."

"What color of hair and eyes does he have?"

"Brown and he's heavy-set too."

"I'll let Kirk know," she says, grabbing the cell phone out of her pocket.

"We have our perp in custody. Yep, he confessed to the whole thing. Get Abby situated at the trailer then head back to the station." Hanging up her phone, she turns towards Jerry.

"Kirk is on his way back." She starts to leave when she sees Joe walking towards them.

"Guys, Sharon just called said your officer friend died of a heart attack."

"A heart attack?" Jerry questions.

"That's what she said." Rachel looks over at her rounded partner, then her husband.

"That's what'll happen to you two if you don't start taking better care of yourselves," she scolds.

"I'm cutting back," Jerry says, popping another piece of candy into his mouth. Shaking her head, she starts reading Jeff's statement again.

She knows she should be happy with the confession, but there was something about it that really bothered her. Jeff had all the facts right, and the timeline fit, but she's never in her entire career heard of someone voluntarily confessing unless they're being coerced. Questions started popping into her head as she continues to read. If he is being forced into making a false confession how did he fit the description Lilly gave? Her description was a little vague. Who would force him to confess and why? Is someone blackmailing him? What could they possibly be holding over his head? Could all of this have to do with Jack's death? Maybe Jeff was the one who killed Jack and the blackmailers have evidence to prove it. Jeff doesn't want to go to prison for murder so he agrees to confess to the vandalism instead. If that's true, then why didn't the note mention his name and why did the coroner's report say that Jack's injuries were consistent with self-strangulation? Wouldn't the rope and chair have the killer's fingerprints on them? Why would the handwriting analysis confirm he'd written the suicide note if he didn't? Someone could've forced Jack to write the note then kill him. What if others are involved in this murder besides the ones Jack mentioned? If so, who? Why would they do such a thing to him? Perhaps the Jenkin's scare and the confession is a smokescreen, to keep what really happened to Jack a secret. Maybe the murderers started getting nervous when the Jenkins started asking questions so they tried to scare them into leaving. When they didn't, the perps had no choice but to kill them. That would make sense. Now I've got to find something to tie all of this together and I got to do it fast before someone is seriously hurt or worse. Rachel concludes, handing her partner the report.

"I'm going out for a little while. Call me on my cell if you need me."

"Ok Sergeant."

***