Help From Beyond

During his sweep, Kirk finds a bug in the captain's office and another on Rachel's phone. Instead of dismantling them, Joe decides to use them to their advantage.

After giving everyone instructions, Joe walks back to his office. He's arranging the papers on his desk when Jerry knocks on the door. Let the games begin, he thinks, waving him in the room.

"Did you find anything boss?" Jerry asks, walking into the spacious office, he plops down on the sofa. I doubt if this room's ever been remodeled, he thinks eyeing the deteriorating woodwork.

"Not a damn thing," Joe says, plopping his hands down on the desk.

"We'll get them eventually."

"I hope you're right, Jerry."

"The hospital is releasing Abby and the kids today."

"What about Greg?"

"He's still in critical condition up in ICU."

"Abby and the kids are going back to Arizona with her mama, right?"

"The kids are but Abby wants to stay here until Greg is released."

"Doesn't she realize her life is still in danger?" he asks throwing his hands in the air.

"I told her, but she insists on staying with Greg."

"I guess we better find her a safe place to stay then."

"I have the perfect spot in mind, boss," he says, scooting to the edge of his seat.

"Where's that, Jerry?"

"You know that old trailer behind the hospital? The one they let families stay in sometimes?"

"That'd be perfect Jerry, just perfect," Joe says, jumping up from his desk.

"I'll let Rachel and Abby know," he says, searching for his phone.

"Tell Rachel I need to talk to her about the Springdale Captain's complaint against her."

"I think she's still at the hospital, but I'll call her and let her know." Dialing a number, he waits for it to connect.

"Rachel, Joe loves your idea about the trailer," Stepping into the hallway, Jerry continues.

"I didn't tell him she's already there. Oh and Rachel, the Captain said that he needs to talk to you about the complaint. I'll let him know." Jerry pops his head back in the door.

"She's on her way, boss."

"Ok, thanks, Jerry."

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Kirk asks, rushing through the door.

"Did you find anything, Kirk?"

"I'm afraid not sir," he replies, downheartedly.

"Nothing?"

"No, sir."

"Well, I want you and Jerry to go back out and look some more."

"Yes, sir."

***

"Aunt Rachel, Aunt Rachel" Lilly says, popping up in the bed."

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Rachel says walking across the room. Unlike the other hospital rooms, it was wallpapered in earth tone print, making it seem less dreary.

"I'm not Sleeping Beauty, I'm Princess Lilly, silly."

"What was I thinking?"

"My friends told me to tell you something just now."

Deadly Secretsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें