"What trick?"

"He can control dogs so well! No wonder he's the god of animals!"

"I gotta go, Ino. See you at dinner."

"Gosh, loosen up a little sometime, will ya? See you, forehead."

I do need a break. But, my desk says 'no'.

A steaming cup of coffee is put before me. I stop typing mid-way and look up to find Sasuke taking a seat beside me.

"That is for you," he points to the mug.

"Thanks," I smile. "You've been a stranger," I tell him.

"Karin has me doing some unimportant, completely fake work." He roll his eyes. Seems, I am rubbing off on him. Then he adds, "You missed your coffee break."

I tiredly point to my desk.

"That much huh?"

Its funny how Sasuke and I have grown out of the petty arguments to becoming actual friends. Sometimes, I even feel like he watches out for me a little. I'll admit, it feels good to see him at the office. Its pleasant. He is pleasant.

"I've called Ino. She'll pick you up today."

He frowns. "Why?"

I explain my situation.

"Day after?" He incredulously asks. "That's.."

I sip on the coffee. "I know. Mmm.. this is good. Thank you."

"I'll help," he offers.

He is so sweet sometimes.
I could use the help too. But, I can't ask him to stay. So, I shake my head and am about to refuse but, he didn't wait for it. Getting up from the chair, he tells me, "I will come by after my shift is done to assist you."

"Sasuke, that's really sweet but, you really don't-"

"Sakura.." There's the tone.

"Right. Okay. I'll call Ino then."

When he departs, I don't understand the wide smile on my face. I really don't.

At the end of shift, the employees packing up their stuff to head back make me envious. I really want to go home. I miss home. I don't just mean the place where I live. I want to go back to Konoha village, see my parents, take an off. Its been so long. I miss them.

Sasuke joins me soon and hands me a burger.

"Where'd you get that?" I ask, eyeing the bread.

He shrugged in response. "Some girl thought I might be hungry."

"Well, are you?" I ask before diving in.

"No."

Just as he was about to sit, another man joins us.

"Hey, Sakura. Not going home?" Kiba enquires, seeing my part of the desk scattered.

"Nah. Overtime today."

"No shit. Let me help."

"Its o-" I am cut off by Sasuke's response to the man, "I am helping her."

Kiba's eyes narrowed. "It isn't in your job description. I'd be better for her."

Sasuke glared at him. That.. is actually intimidating. He never glared at me like that.

"She picked me, dog-boy. Go home."

I held back a chuckle. Sasuke had told me that Kiba is a dog-lover and the owner of one - that he if he were allowed, he'd bring to work.

"Dog-boy? How did you-? That's not the point. Sakura is my colleague. I'll stay and help."