Chapter 16

Esme's P.O.V.

I was trying so hard not to sob when Bella was telling us what happened to her. I was so close to not doing it but when I saw her slump to the floor I lost my control. I let out the loudest wail that I have ever done. This poor girl has suffered more in her life time as a human than I have as my human life and vampire life.

Yes I had a bad human life but this is worst. A mother should never do that to their child. Well no one should be treated like that, that's just cruel and unusual.

I look over to Bella and see her staring at me. She has hurt in her eyes and she opens up her arms. I immediately run to her and sink down on the floor with her and hug her. I squeeze her and rock her until I'm sure that I'll make her sick. I stop rocking her and pull back alittle to look at her.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you the truth. I didn't want to cause you to hurt because of my past. We have enough worries as it is and I didn't want to add onto it. I also never want to see you like this, you look ten times better smiling. So please stop worrying over me, I have you as my mom now and you are nothing compared to my birth mom. So please be happy and lets just forget this." She says to me.

I just nod and hug her. I pick her up with me when I stand up and set her on her own two feet. I take a step back and then it's like a swarm of uniforms attack her.

The people that are with us are all surrounding Bella and hugging her. This makes her cry and them to sob with her. Before they all leave to go back to where they were standing before they all kiss her forehead. I look to Rose and see that she's smiling.

It's a rare occasion to see her smile that it throws me off guard. I start walking over to her when the dreaded vision of the newborns attacking alerts Alice into announcing it.

"The newborns are getting close. They should be here in ten minutes. I can't tell what's going to happen Bella so we better beat them outside." She tells all of us.

"Okay everybody that's our cue to get outside and protect our home. I don't want anyone to do anything until I give the signal. Yes you will be able to tell what the signal is. So let's get out there and protect." She says and runs towards the front doors.

She really is a great leader.

Bella's P.O.V.

I start running for the front doors and open my hand for Rose's hand. As soon as i open it I feel my wife's hand in it and tighten my hold. We get out the front doors and Rose and I are in the middle of our people and alittle ahead of them. I tell them to stop once they get outside and they do. Rose and I walk a few feet ahead of them and stop walking.

Five minutes later I smell them before Rose and try to stifle my werecat. I just squeeze Rose's hand to let her know that they are almost here.

A minute later twenty newborns pop out of the tree line. They come to a stop instantly when they see us all.

"Hi my name is Isabella and I am the leader of the Volturi. I, by my authorities, command you to stop and to stop killing innocent people. Yes I know that you killed the forty missing people in the farthest town from here so don't act innocent. If you would like to back down do so by stepping to the side. If not stay where you are." I tell them.

Five people step to the side and I motion for Edward to check them out. Edward and Emmett head over there while I stay where I am and let go of Rose's hand.

"Who is the leader of this group?" I ask.

A man with blonde hair steps forward.

"I am the leader of this group. I highly doubt you could take us down, you are just a weak human. Your pathetic to think that you can even stop us. Even worse is that you are running this place. So tell me what you did to lead the Volturi castle." He says with a cocky attitude.

I step forward to where I'm only three feet away from him. "This pathetic human you are talking about is no one here. I am the leader because I killed the kings," with that I start to float off the ground. "I believe you owe me an apology and I would watch your attitude and how you speak to me. I didn't tell you to come here and to try to attack my family. If i were you I would be scared right about now because not have you only upset me, you have made my mate and family very mad. They don't too much care for threats against me. So as i was saying, I Isabella leader of Volturi declare a war against you and your weak group." With that I shift in the air and pounce.

I hear the rest of my group attack and know that everything should be good. We were winning the battle when all of a sudden a second group jumped in on the fight. I looked for Rose and saw that she was okay and headed over to the new group.

Once I started to kill the vampires from that group i noticed that these vampires didn't know anything about fighting. I looked to Alice and saw that she was already staring at me and saw the panick in her eyes. She pointed one more finger up and I saw the last group.

I ran full force at them and killed them all and turned around to see my family standing there looking at me. I shift back and point towards the castle. They all get the message and head inside while I stayed and burnt the body parts.

When I was half way done Rose came out with some food and did the rest of it while I ate. I look to her to see that she was already looking at me.

"I have a bad feeling about this Rose. Something just doesn't feel right." I say and stand up to grab her hand and walk into the castle.

Once we entered I saw the five that surrendered and saw Edward standing by them. I walk the rest of the way in and saw everyone had made it through the battle, we lost nobody.

"Bella we have bad news. Edwards gathered information from them that they were created by an ancient. There's only two ancients left and they are Vlad and Stefan. They are Romans and they love a good fight." Alice says.

She gets pulled into another vision and I see the panick get worst.

"We have two weeks to prepare for battle. They have one hundred newborns that know how to fight." Alice says.

Well that's a cliffhanger. I'll try to update soon since I did this to you all.

Anyway hope your enjoying it and I'll see ya next time. Until then have a great day/night.