Chapter 20

"Holy crap."

Crim's eyes were probably glistening, looking over the view of their village. Sure, they've only been away from the place for the whole summer, but looking over the place she had longed to get out of when she'd been some what innocent... It was too difficult to explain her feelings for her home village. It was a love-hate relationship.

In the distance, where Town Hall was located, a huge concert like stage was set up, and in front of the huge thing was a crowd of people. Of course, Crim knew what this was. However, I did seem sort of odd, seeing that large stage in such a small village. She raised her hand, placing it on her chest where her amulet would be. Not feeling its presence on her chest felt as if she had lost apart of herself; a part of herself that was required for the heart inside her to work.

"Are we gonna fucking stand here? Or are we gonna head towards Notch's demise?" Ty's voice jerked Crim out of her thoughts, and she looked over at Danni and Ty at her side, smiling and nodding approval.

"How are we gonna get there, though? That is a huge drop right there, and I doubt any one of us survive without killing our damn legs," Sky pointed out, grabbing ahold of Crim's shoulder.

"I think I can help with that."

Crim wheeled around at the sound of Danni's voice, only to find her best friend with a translucent smirk on her face, her glowing white eyes reflecting off of Crim's green ones. She slowly grinned, knowing what Danni had in store.

"Ladies first!" Danni exclaimed, wrapping an arm around Crim's waist with quick reflexes, pulling her close to the coded girl. Crim yelped at the capture, and before she could process what her friend her friend was going to do, Danni rushed forward and leaped off of the side of the cliff.

Crim yelled as Danni broke into a dive through the air, grinning as if this were fun. Fun?

Fun?!

Crim felt like she left her stomach up there with Sky and Ty!

Yep.

FUN!

She clutched Danni tightly, her eyes widening as they got closer and closer to the ground. The fear of them landing on the grass like SPLAT nagged at her mind, but she was too distracted by the fact that they were falling at what seemed like 100 miles per hour. 

The ground continued to advance towards them as they plummeted closer and closer. Now Crim regretted this completely. Right when they were inches from the ground, she fastened her eyes shut, her figure rigid in Danni's arms. Then, the feeling of swooping through the air swiftly sent a high pitched yelp escaping from Crim's lips, surprise etched through her eyebrows now fusing together.

They weren't moving. Were they dead?

"Crim. Hey, Crim?" The feeling of being poked touched her cheek, and she jumped back upon instinct. However, this just sent her tumbling out of Danni's arms and onto soft grass. Crim's eyelids flew open, finding the sky at first sight.

"What? Not dead? Ground?" the girl rolled over onto her back, grabbing at the fresh grass and pulling tufts out of it, happily exclaiming words of thanks.

"Yes, Crim. You're well alive. Did you seriously think I would kill you?"

"Well, no," her face flushed with embarrassment. "But that's why I was freaking out... And because we were falling but... ya know..."

"Oh Crim... I'm going to go grab the boys now... Stay put!"

"Woof," Crim replied glumly. A light chuckle could be heard from behind her. When she turned around, Danni was gone, now ascending through the air up the cliff. Crim studied the cliff uneasily, not believing she actually had to endure through that rubbish.

Crim has a fear of falling. Many people have asked if she actually had acrophobia or barophobia. Even bathophobia. But no, fear of falling. People who knew about her fear found it strange, correcting her that it was acrophobia, afraid of heights. This always ticked her off.

She sighed, covering her face with her hands. How stupid, being afraid of falling through the air. It's affected her quite strangely, and also made her feel quite weak at some times. If Notch, the creator of their world, had the ability to do anything, why hadn't he known about her phobia?

"You okay, Crim?" Crim looked up, finding Ty looking down upon her, hand held out, as if asking for permission to help her up. Behind him was Danni, flying back up to fetch Sky. Crim sighed and nodded, reaching out and placing her hand in his. He pulled her up and onto her feet, smiling encouragingly at her. However, she proceeded to avoid eye contact and pretended like she was quite interested in the scenery around them.

A couple feet away from them stood the stone fence that surrounded the village, very little folk outside their houses due to the presentation Notch was probably broadcasting all over the world. Speaking of which. Even if they did reach the stage, how would they be able to defeat the guy without their amulets? The feeling of truly giving up nagged at Crim, but she shook the discouraging thought away.

Looking up at the two descending down much slower than Danni and Crim were going, Crim frowned, disgruntled as they landed softly on the ground. Danni smirked at her, her molecules slowly combining together once again, turning her body back to normal.

"To Notch?" she asked Crim.

"To Notch," she told Danni.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their feet zipped across the sandstone sidewalk, following the roaring sounds of the presentation and the large structure, ignoring the many pedestrians. To Crim's surprise, the first time they passed by an elder, she was so tempted to hug them. They brought so many memories.

She scowled. It's only been six months! 

They rounded a corner, passing by a large brick building, forcing a gasp out of Crim's mouth. However, the image of their school soon disappeared when they reached the Diamond Diner, one of Crim's favorite places to hang with Ty and Danni. The nostalgia rushed into her system, her eyes glistening once more at the memories.

"Argh!" she groaned, picking up speed to get rid of the buildings and images that reminded her of the past. Crim had no intention of crying on their way to Notch. Fear was not an option.

If that was so, she had failed before they'd even started on the horses.

"Are we almost there, Crim?" Danni gasped, running up to her side. Crim looked over at the corner they were about to turn through. She wrecked her forgetful mind for that memory of overlooking the village. So, she can remember an event when she was 5, but not have the ability to remind her own self about where Notch was?! How smooth.

"Well," she listened closely for the presentation. "The even sounds close, so maybe."

"That doesn't help!" Danni complained between pants, falling behind once more.

"I'm so sorry!" Crim screamed, sarcastic weaving through her words. She dimly heard a word of thanks from behind her, leaving her chuckling. Rounding yet another corner, Crim stopped abruptly, her feet actually skidding across the sandstone at the sight in front of all four of them. Gasps were heard from behind, noticing why she had paused now.

"Thank Notch..."

___________________________

Yeah, not the best... Once again... But I wanted to give you guys something!

And yes, Crim was a fear of falling... So do I... Based on real life, people! Don't you dare tell me I'm afraid of heights!

So anyway, Chapter 20!! 20 whole chapters completed! Ah crap, my eyes are glistening... Well, I'm just so happy that you guys have actually brought me this far~! Love y'all!!

Bye peeps, cya laterz~

Crim out, PEACE!