Another School Project With The Hart's?!

I sit in class, Maya sitting next to me, her posture nervous like, fiddling with her fingers.

Hambone just had to be late today!
I avoid looking to my left even though I really want to look at her.

"Are you going to be like this the whole time I'm near you? Act like I don't exist?" I ask, not looking at her, keeping my gaze on the blackboard.

"I know you exist things have just been complicated since you came back" she resorts.

"Oh because your confused on how to feel about me because you have a boyfriend?" I snap back I look at her, she widens her eyes.

"Maybe!" She states frustrated.

"Your the one who kissed me in that closet, Remember, you did that!" I whisper, frowning my eyes, my gaze cold.

"You make me so confused and so frustrated you know that!" She expressed, bringing her face closer, poking me in the chest.

I see her eyes wonder down to my lips for a quick second, I fight back a smirk, I don't, I suddenly go serious.

"Do you love him?" I suddenly ask, even surprising me, her eyes widen again, in shock that I asked such a question.

"I do-"

"-Good morning class, sorry I'm late" Mr Matthews cuts off Maya again. She huffs in relief, sliding down a little more comfortably in her chair.

I turn around and face the front of the class. I'm probably not meant to know anyway, I wasn't even suppose come back here.

The day goes by in a slump, I leave my books in my bag and make my way to the science room.

I sit in my seat, waiting for Lucas to arrive. He comes in slouching as he sits next to me, a frown appearing on his face.

"What was that earlier today with Monty?" Lucas asks through gritted teeth. I shrug innocently.

"I don't know what your talking about" I state pout fake confused, a menacing sparkle in my eye.

"Aww like hell you do" He responds sarcastically angry.

"Lucas, I'm sorry but even if there was something between Monty and I it would be just between us, sorry" I state sarcastically, a pout on my lips.

He just glares at me, a growl escaping his throat. Finally Mr Norton walks into the classroom, and Lucas stops growling, turning his attention to the front. I huff in relief.

"Afternoon class" Mr Norton announces as he walks up to the blackboard, getting the classes attention.

"Today we will be eventful, Today you will study with your partner on explaining the phenomena of free energy change and entropy, so better start your researching as soon as you get home, this assignment is due by the end of the week" Mr Norton states as he writes down the instructions on the board.

Lucas fidgets beside me nervously. I turn to him confused, his hands shakily copying off Mr Norton's instructions, I raise a eyebrow. He's worried about doing the first assignment of the semester? you know if you take science in grade 12 you better be prepared to do whatever the teacher throws at you, no matter how tough it may be.