So it's love after all

This might give you some feels, soooo YAY!!

************

"Because I love you, John Hamish Watson."

I stared at him in shock. Sherlock Holmes, the man who said he was married to his work, just said he loved me. I thought that was an impossibility for Sherlock. I mean he detests any kind of sentiment, expesially love.

I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I tried again but the only thing I said was, "Huh?"

He smirked and took a step towards me. "I said I love you."

My shock turned to anger. "You have been gone for /three years/ Sherlock! Do you know what you put me through?!"

"I'm so-" he began but I cut him off.

"No Sherlock! You aren't sorry. I went three years without any acknowledgement that you were alive! Look at me! I look like the undead for Christ's sake!" I screamed.

He looked over me and frowned. "You lost a lot of weight, around twenty to thirty pounds. You are far more paler than when I last saw you. Must have not gone out as much. And a mustache, really? You look prehistoric, shave it off."

I ignored all of his deductions. "Who else knew you were alive?"

"Well there's Mycroft, Molly-"

"Molly?! Molly knew you were alive? She never told me anything."

"Yes, I never allowed her to say anything."

"Why Sherlock? All I needed was one word! One word to tell me you were alive!"

He sighed. "John, they would have killed you."

"Who? Who would've killed me?"

"Moriarty's men."

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"I was going to explain this later, but I guess now's good too." He sighed and continued. "Moriarty threatened to have you, Mrs. Hudson, and Lestrade killed if I didn't jump. It took me three years to kill all of them, but I am back now."

I let the information sink in. He continued on while I looked at him with a dumbfounded expression.

"It was hard for me too, John. I missed you so much. Sometimes I waited at the cemetery just to see you visit. I would listen to you talk about your day," he chuckled but became solemn again. "But sometimes you would cry and that hurt me John. I didn't want to see you sad. It took everything in me not to show myself right there. I wanted to wrap my arms around you and tell you it would be okay." Sadness filled his eyes but he continued on. "So I went searching for Moriarty's men so I could hopefully do that when I came back. After I finished disposing of them I returned to London. I stayed with Mycroft for a few days to think about how I would show myself. But of course all those thoughts were diminished when Mycroft told me you were getting married." He smiled the tiniest bit. "So you see, I can't let you get married. I love you John, and I can't let you be with anyone else besides me."

Tears were streaming down my face by the time he finished. I closed the space between us and wrapped my arms around his waist. I buried my face in his chest and smiled a little. He hesitantly put his arms around me and I smiled wider.

"You are a hero, Sherlock Holmes. You saved my life, you saved Mrs. Hudson's life, and you saved Lestrade's. Sure, you put me in a lot of pain, but at least I have you now." I looked up at him and gave him a wide smile. He gave me a full smile and held me tighter.

"You've always had me, John."

I put my hands on the back of his head and brought his head down a little. I pressed my lips against his and brought my hands to his neck. He stood there in shock for a few seconds then put his hands on my waist and moved his lips with mine.

It was a passionate, loving kiss. It was nothing I every shared with Mary.

Everyone was silent for a minute but then I heard someone clap. Then more people joined in. Soon the sounds of claps and cheers were echoing off the Church walls.

We broke away and I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you, Sherlock."

"I love you too, John."

*************

AWWWW!! THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER!!! :D

The next chapter is the last one. Sorry Little Stars! But don't worry, I have ideas for two more Johnlock stories, so keep an eye out after I finish this story.

And over 100 reads!! YOU PEOPLE ARE AMAZINGNESS!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

~TheFallingStars

Ps: sorry for any mistakes or anything.......